• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look good in shorts.

Me too.

Looking great PoP, as usual. A few small nits to pick- I think you'd look better with a button down collar and really, that belt doesn't match the shoes.

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a brand new, with tags, unworn pair of Orlebar Brown in Navy - Size 36? $150 shipped.
http://www.orlebarbrown.com.au/men/swim-shorts/bulldog/navy

I have the pair I need and will return these ones if noone is interested. Just thought someone might be keen on a good deal (summer is coming) and I lose less on postage.

PM if interested.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swiss watch brand Hublot has just announced a promotional deal with the International Cricket Council. Here's Michael Clarke at the launch:

I like his jacket!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hublot might love cricket, but I certainly don't love Hublot. I find them to be really flashy and over-done.

Jacket looks OK, but personally, I think that the lapels are a bit narrow and the throat-latch on the lapel looks a bit silly. Fine on a tweedy, country coat but out of place on a fashion piece. Then again, maybe I'm just a grumpy old fuddy-duddy.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure a few years ago of attending a watch lovers' dinner in Switzerland, featuring a pitch by Jean-Claude Biver, the guy who revitalised the Hublot brand and introduced the Big Bang design (netting himself several hundred million francs a few years later when he sold most of the shares he had received as payment).

He had about twenty Big Bangs with him to show around. The pitch itself was amazing. The guy could sell coals to Newcastle. He could sell Coke in Salt Lake City. Why, I bet he could sell Tarocash to SFers. Incredible, infectious enthusiasm for the product.

But yeah, the watches themselves lose their chunky/flashy/hi-tech appeal pretty quickly. Ideal for steroid-puffed meth lab impresarios. Fortunately I managed to restrain myself on the day.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why, I bet he could sell Tarocash to SFers.

tounge.gif

Now that would take some serious salesmanship!

To me, the Big Bang looks like an AP RO knock-off, without the classic appeal of the RO, and often with flashy colours, patterns, or jewels thrown in to increase the price. If I had $10k to $30k to spend on a watch, there are plenty of others I'd rather choose.

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is there any interest in Tom Ford's Noir de Noir?

Roughly same prices- about $80 plus $10 postage ex Sydney for 30ml.

Need about 5 takers to make this go.

Also a heads-up that stocks of Amber Absolute is getting low, and prices have recently gone up 50%, probably a bit more in AUD terms due to the rising USD. Once the current batch is gone, the next batch will cost heaps more.

Regards
Peter

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Complex. Nobody will mistake you for a pretty boy with this one, but it is strictly for evenings and colder weather only.

Rose, Fortified Port, Black Truffles,Oud. Goes from dark rose to boozy to spicy to woody. Have a spritz at DJs and see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads