Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fxh

fxh Senior member

Anybody here on Google+ yet?

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite?

Sounds a bit better than face book

2. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

As a dedicated medium timer.

Following on from other things - I started my own site just for clothes I'm offloading on blogspot and am whacking up pics etc and including it in the signature - seems easy enough and I can send it to others not on any forums etc.

I've still got to add measurements and pics. I haven't even thought of putting stuff on FS here or eBay yet - etsy perhaps.

I can't believe that nobody has taken you up on the Church's - I briefly considered amputating a toe or two to make it fit.

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

I can't believe that nobody has taken you up on the Church's - I briefly considered amputating a toe or two to make it fit.

Sorry - they are on hold for someone at present - I have to rejig my bloody paypal etc after the great Credit Card meltdown of June 2011 - yesterday. Today my other CC isn't working.

4. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

I have to rejig my bloody paypal etc after the great Credit Card meltdown of June 2011 - yesterday. Today my other CC isn't working.

I am sure it would be a speedy turn around by PayPal taking no longer then several months...

5. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite? Sounds a bit better than face book
    It will be iPhone soon. At the moment it is web and android only and they shut down invites due to massive demand. I managed to get in before that and I must say it's pretty good. I use facebook begrudgingly but I'll happily use google+. You have a lot more control over general privacy and who sees your updates. edit : also the interface is fantastic.

6. blahman

blahman Senior member

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite? Sounds a bit better than face book
    The only point of facebook is to creep on your friend's attractive friends, so I don't see point of Google+ until everyone decide to join [​IMG] Might actually drop by down at Zegna again and pick up another tie for a friend as present. It's about time he stop getting stuff from Satch and Calibre and what not at full retail. But then again picking a tie for another dood is a bit gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay).

7. tone76

tone76 Senior member

Anybody here on Google+ yet?

Isn't that a reheated version of Google Wave? [​IMG]

8. pasey25

pasey25 Well-Known Member

which railmaster?

my collection:
    [​IMG]

gotta be the XXL [​IMG]

your pic looks like it could be the XXL.

49.2mm dial - but mine doesn't look big on me (I think)

9. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

yep, XXL. I think it has actually been discontinued, but stock shouldn't be too hard to find around the traps. I believe it's been superseded by the Aqua Terra XXL (which is basically the same watch with a different dial & strap)

10. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

As a dedicated medium timer.

Following on from other things - I started my own site just for clothes I'm offloading on blogspot and am whacking up pics etc and including it in the signature - seems easy enough and I can send it to others not on any forums etc.

I've still got to add measurements and pics. I haven't even thought of putting stuff on FS here or eBay yet - etsy perhaps.

Would love to see pics of that crombie coat.

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite?

Sounds a bit better than face book

It will be iPhone soon. At the moment it is web and android only and they shut down invites due to massive demand.

I managed to get in before that and I must say it's pretty good. I use facebook begrudgingly but I'll happily use google+. You have a lot more control over general privacy and who sees your updates.

edit : also the interface is fantastic.

Yep. I hear there is a workaround for invites but happy to wait until they open it up again in a few days if you'd be kind enough to send one my way!

Isn't that a reheated version of Google Wave? [​IMG]

Hope not. Wave was a clunky disaster.

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

Would love to see pics of that crombie coat.

I've got some pics but I can't capture the colour at all properly. I'll search on Bookster to see a similar color and pattern.

Its very English, more country than city, but not casual, in my mind anyway.

a bit like this but darker

http://www.tweed-jacket.com/GALLERY%...sdale-Crop.jpg

Edit - I've now banged a few more pics up - it is hard to get colours right - especially with the flash.

12. Tano

Tano Senior member

Its next to impossible to get him to shorten the sleeves. I had to trick him by lifting my shoulders to pull my arms up to make it seem the sleeve was too long. Then he agreed to take an 1" off. :)

He does a fantastic job every time, very knowlegable and is very well priced.

I use favazzo. Gary is a good alterations tailor but you have to be specific on what you want. For example when I requested sleeve shortening he said they looked fine ( zero cuff was showing). Also tried to give me a full break when I requested slight break. So for fitting not so great, actual work very good and reasonably priced.

13. fxh

fxh Senior member

My opshop on blogspot has a few more pics and details

14. Tano

Tano Senior member

Where do you guys buy your suit hangers? I like the 3 maple hangers for $75 on "the hanger project" but I don't want to pay $50 shipping.

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

Where do you guys buy your suit hangers? I like the 3 maple hangers for $75 on "the hanger project" but I don't want to pay $50 shipping.

search hangers on this thread

http://www.styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=10798531

From my earlier post

K Mart sometimes has ones with nice wide shoulder end bits

or mei + picchi

K mart is cheaper but not always in stock

mei + have ones with a trouser clamping bar.

http://www.meipicchi.com/
    mens suit jacket hanger wax finish with trouser bar + chrome hook. 460mm wide $6.75

perth\t
    289 fitzgerald street
    west perth 6005
    phone 08 9227 6599
    fax 08 9328 1328

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.