Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fxh

fxh Senior member

Anybody here on Google+ yet?

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite?

Sounds a bit better than face book

2. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

As a dedicated medium timer.

Following on from other things - I started my own site just for clothes I'm offloading on blogspot and am whacking up pics etc and including it in the signature - seems easy enough and I can send it to others not on any forums etc.

I've still got to add measurements and pics. I haven't even thought of putting stuff on FS here or eBay yet - etsy perhaps.

I can't believe that nobody has taken you up on the Church's - I briefly considered amputating a toe or two to make it fit.

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

I can't believe that nobody has taken you up on the Church's - I briefly considered amputating a toe or two to make it fit.

Sorry - they are on hold for someone at present - I have to rejig my bloody paypal etc after the great Credit Card meltdown of June 2011 - yesterday. Today my other CC isn't working.

4. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

I have to rejig my bloody paypal etc after the great Credit Card meltdown of June 2011 - yesterday. Today my other CC isn't working.

I am sure it would be a speedy turn around by PayPal taking no longer then several months...

5. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite? Sounds a bit better than face book
    It will be iPhone soon. At the moment it is web and android only and they shut down invites due to massive demand. I managed to get in before that and I must say it's pretty good. I use facebook begrudgingly but I'll happily use google+. You have a lot more control over general privacy and who sees your updates. edit : also the interface is fantastic.

6. blahman

blahman Senior member

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite? Sounds a bit better than face book
    The only point of facebook is to creep on your friend's attractive friends, so I don't see point of Google+ until everyone decide to join [​IMG] Might actually drop by down at Zegna again and pick up another tie for a friend as present. It's about time he stop getting stuff from Satch and Calibre and what not at full retail. But then again picking a tie for another dood is a bit gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay).

7. tone76

tone76 Senior member

Anybody here on Google+ yet?

Isn't that a reheated version of Google Wave? [​IMG]

8. pasey25

pasey25 Well-Known Member

which railmaster?

my collection:
    [​IMG]

gotta be the XXL [​IMG]

your pic looks like it could be the XXL.

49.2mm dial - but mine doesn't look big on me (I think)

9. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

yep, XXL. I think it has actually been discontinued, but stock shouldn't be too hard to find around the traps. I believe it's been superseded by the Aqua Terra XXL (which is basically the same watch with a different dial & strap)

10. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

As a dedicated medium timer.

Following on from other things - I started my own site just for clothes I'm offloading on blogspot and am whacking up pics etc and including it in the signature - seems easy enough and I can send it to others not on any forums etc.

I've still got to add measurements and pics. I haven't even thought of putting stuff on FS here or eBay yet - etsy perhaps.

Would love to see pics of that crombie coat.

Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite?

Sounds a bit better than face book

It will be iPhone soon. At the moment it is web and android only and they shut down invites due to massive demand.

I managed to get in before that and I must say it's pretty good. I use facebook begrudgingly but I'll happily use google+. You have a lot more control over general privacy and who sees your updates.

edit : also the interface is fantastic.

Yep. I hear there is a workaround for invites but happy to wait until they open it up again in a few days if you'd be kind enough to send one my way!

Isn't that a reheated version of Google Wave? [​IMG]

Hope not. Wave was a clunky disaster.

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

Would love to see pics of that crombie coat.

I've got some pics but I can't capture the colour at all properly. I'll search on Bookster to see a similar color and pattern.

Its very English, more country than city, but not casual, in my mind anyway.

a bit like this but darker

http://www.tweed-jacket.com/GALLERY%...sdale-Crop.jpg

Edit - I've now banged a few more pics up - it is hard to get colours right - especially with the flash.

12. Tano

Tano Senior member

Its next to impossible to get him to shorten the sleeves. I had to trick him by lifting my shoulders to pull my arms up to make it seem the sleeve was too long. Then he agreed to take an 1" off. :)

He does a fantastic job every time, very knowlegable and is very well priced.

I use favazzo. Gary is a good alterations tailor but you have to be specific on what you want. For example when I requested sleeve shortening he said they looked fine ( zero cuff was showing). Also tried to give me a full break when I requested slight break. So for fitting not so great, actual work very good and reasonably priced.

13. fxh

fxh Senior member

My opshop on blogspot has a few more pics and details

14. Tano

Tano Senior member

Where do you guys buy your suit hangers? I like the 3 maple hangers for $75 on "the hanger project" but I don't want to pay $50 shipping.

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

Where do you guys buy your suit hangers? I like the 3 maple hangers for $75 on "the hanger project" but I don't want to pay $50 shipping.

search hangers on this thread

http://www.styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=10798531

From my earlier post

K Mart sometimes has ones with nice wide shoulder end bits

or mei + picchi

K mart is cheaper but not always in stock

mei + have ones with a trouser clamping bar.

http://www.meipicchi.com/
    mens suit jacket hanger wax finish with trouser bar + chrome hook. 460mm wide $6.75

perth\t
    289 fitzgerald street
    west perth 6005
    phone 08 9227 6599
    fax 08 9328 1328

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.