• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions on the make up of mid-grey flannel trousers separates - pleats/flat fronts? belt loops/side adjusters? definitely cuffed.

I'm probably leaning toward flat front/belt loops, which has become my standard for other odd trousers at the moment. Suits are single reverse pleat/side adjusters.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking about affordable decent shoes - has anyone here tried Jocent Royal shoes? At around $250 for GYW. They offer a MTM service here in Melb where they will come around and measure you themselves (seems like a good idea given most MTM things I've seen where people measure themselves!) the web site is a bit confusing - it seems they offer both RTW and MTM but it isn't clear.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go Oli

Height Increasing Shoes

Color: Black
. Style: Handmade laceup dress shoes style
. Totally invisible 6cm height increasing
. Will not be notice by others even when you take them off
. 3.5cm normal heel
. 3.5cm hidden heel
. Quality cow leather uppers provides extreme comfort
. Pig leather linings promote a healthy foot environment by drawing moisture away
. Prime urethane shock absorption soft pads
. Flexible Rubber outsole with tread detailing for sure footing with each step
. Supply Europe size 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,

Embarrassment Free
. We will ship your order in a shoes box and packed a plain bags outside or use plain box with no markings or labels that say anything about the product
. Without any word like height increasing or elevator shoes at the outside bags, invoice, shipping form or anywhere
. We will also declare the shoes as men's shoes or sample shoes to prevent embarrassing
. Our name on the invoice will be Constep Shoe Company or Personal's name
. No one will know what is inside!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ess-Office-Shoes-Oxford/314505_606553640.html

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, would you say the quality is good, for the price?

More that the price is good for the quality, if I am interpreting correctly.

Both :lol:

The calf leather they use gets buttery soft around the heels and ankles after repeat wears and they can also put on a topy sole for free if you order their goodyear welted shoes. An excellent value proposition, especially with the option of custom sizing and designs. 

+1

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
I've posted several photos here of my Shanghai Tianzi Shoes. For the price, they're ridiculously good (quality is very good, too, especially for the price).
Yah I've seen all yours thanks, but some more would be good.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score

Liber

Reaction score
The calf leather they use gets buttery soft around the heels and ankles after repeat wears and they can also put on a topy sole for free if you order their goodyear welted shoes. An excellent value proposition, especially with the option of custom sizing and designs.
I'm wearing a pair right now actually, black captoe oxfords on their chiselled last with a topied sole. They're my go-to work beaters, I wear them everyday (the crowd gasps - no rotation!) price is great for the quality. Bought them on the recommendation from The Wraith.

As Stebbin has said, the leather gets quite soft after they've broken in which is nice. I'll get some pictures up this afternoon for you all.

Only gripe was that some of the stitching on the sole wasn't dyed black and was visible - quickly fixed with black saphir polish.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WIWY - Hail 12C. Winter Ivy
Jacket - Vintage Anderson Little - Tweed brown, 3 button, no darts, hook vent, natural shoulders, 1/4 lined etc.
Shirt - LE Hyde Park blue OCBD before they went wrong
Tie - Vintage Australian fine weave wool brown
Trousers - Euroa Clothing (Aust)- what we here call moleskins but really a soft thick twill. 8" bottom - 13" front rise. Not sure they still make 'em like this
Shoes - Dark Brown pebble grain and suede brogue co-respondants.

In similar weather, I went for the "brrr, it's effing cold" look.

1. Caruso navy raincoat
2. PJ navy sportscoat
3. EZ charcoal slacks, heavy wool (op shop)
4. Icebreaker undershirt (op shop)
5. BB shirt, purple with white stripe (op shop)
6. Henry Carter green wombat tie
7. R&B berry jumper
8. PRL twill silk pocket square, in a fetching green with to-die-for little blue and red yachts
9. C&J black Audleys
10. Black Dunhill belt
11. PRL Green woollen scarf
12. Aramis umbrella (freebie - PS, please note).

Five layers plus the scarf. A PB for 2014.

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This woman's articles are more about documenting her own education in an area she clearly knows extremely little about than about informing her readers.

That would be reading too much into it (see what I did there?).

For most men, and I mean the G unwashed, they'd only dress up if it meant getting more chicks. So they get a chick to write this article and blabber on about how men are becoming more sexually attractive by buying Italian rigs.

Forget talking about thread counts, fabrics and construction, because most people couldn't care. And the cognoscenti in this thread have said that there is no difference in how Italians make clothes and how Chinese make clothes, so that leaves only the sexiness factor to write about.

Those ankles are so hot right now. What do ya think, Fxh?

Last edited:

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
No mention of the critical issue of fit.
"Looking good is all about being Brad Pitt in a white shirt and gawwwd *giggle* have I told you about the time I went to Italy? It was totes-mcgoats AMUHHHZING and it defs enabled me to become a mens-style blogger on the esteemed platform Executive Style when I failed to become a women's blogger. Basically I just ask my gay guy friends about clothes, sprinkle a bit of knowledge from watching Ocean's Eleven and my Gup Yuh and cash a check every couple of weeks. Great right? Tune in next week for a super duper original article about how Ryan Gosling's Henley shirts are serrrrr sxc and how rolling up sleeves on a shirt defs does it for me."

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oscar Hunt just updated their pricing and collections page, looks pretty neat, with some lovely cloth they're using.

Olsen Thomas Ogilvy Linley Huddersfield Dormeuil

Full details here.

Last edited:

lukejackson

Reaction score
In regards to that article, she seems to equate 'style' or dressing well with being edgy and loud. Who keeps pointing out women are terrible at picking men's clothes and tend to go for the bright loud stuff on here?

Alessandro Squarzi is pretty sick though.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Looking good is all about being Brad Pitt in a white shirt and gawwwd *giggle* have I told you about the time I went to Italy? It was totes-mcgoats AMUHHHZING and it defs enabled me to become a mens-style blogger on the esteemed platform Executive Style when I failed to become a women's blogger. Basically I just ask my gay guy friends about clothes, sprinkle a bit of knowledge from watching Ocean's Eleven and my Gup Yuh and cash a check every couple of weeks. Great right? Tune in next week for a super duper original article about how Ryan Gosling's Henley shirts are serrrrr sxc and how rolling up sleeves on a shirt defs does it for me."

I laughed.... But you hit the nail on the head pretty much. It's the stuff like this, which is completely un-relavent to the average Aussie bloke and just a little cringe worthy

“Not exactly. I still love my clothes and have been called particular about what I wear. But I’m not about to put on a bright blue pair of tartan check pants with suspenders and a bow tie on a first date.”

Oh, but we wish you would!

It's ******* bullshit.... I don't know a single girl who'd like to date a guy who dresses like that. Better just to dress generally well but mostly like a normal bloke and let your winning personality shine through, not mince through a bar in your capri pants and suspenders... (not that there's anything wrong with suspenders).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1