• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lachyzee
Visited Azzaro for the first time today, great store. Didn't pick anything up today but I'll be going back soon. What's your opinion on the quality of the brands they stock? Versace Collection Enrico Coveri in Loro Piana Fabrics Pasini Carracci Sartoria Italiana Cerruti Antichi Telai 1894 Also a couple more random brands in-store. Luciano told me he is also the distributor for Canali but I can't remember if I saw any of those there. Some are in their current promotion, which has some steep discounts: http://www.azzaro.com.au/page/promotions Can I do better in Melbourne or online at those prices?
You won't do better in Melbourne. You can do better online. He sells Canali for about $1000, NWT on eBay can be gotten for about $700. However, its the range of stuff he gets that I love. He had a few Canali Kei suits a few weeks ago..but they went very quickly. Some were 3-piece. These are now discontinued...they were never sold in Australia and now never will be. He gets loads of Cantarelli samples as well (which are hand-made with all the sartorial trimmings). Some of the stuff he gets you'll never find on the internet. He sells cheap fused suits made in China, cheap fused suits made in Switzerland and Turkey (e.g. Versace Collection), Half-canvassed Italian made suits (e.g. Pasini), Fully canvassed mass-produced Italian suits (Cantarelli, Canali, Mabro, Sarti D'Italia) and hand-made Italian suits (Antichi Telai 1894). In terms of quality, I'd say the handiwork in an Antichi Telai suit is on par with Isaia/D'Avenza etc. (my only gripe is the low armholes). Canali of course are on par with Zegna. Cantarelli (mainline) is a little bit below but you often get very interesting/edgy fabrics and colours. He's got a few Cantarelli Tailor suits and as mentioned previously, the hand-finished samples. Versace Collection is like Z-Zegna..i.e. slightly better than Boss. I'm very happy with my Pasini suit (and everything else I've bought from him).

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
I'm very happy with my Pasini suit (and everything else I've bought from him).
Thanks for the info. The Pasini suits were damn cheap ($100) and Luciano seemed to think they were good value, although he said some people can't stand the soft shoulders and no lining. Can't find any info about them from a quick google search though. I'm thinking they can't be all that flash for that kind of price point?

__PG__

Reaction score
Looking at the lapel roll, the button holes, the way the internal pockets are constructed, the feel of the shoulders and way it sits across my chest I'd say the Pasini absolutely kills my Versace Collection suit and is probably in the same ballpark as mainline Cantarelli.

The trousers have a nice 3-button closure and crotch padding. The jacket lining has sweat guards.

Price tag is no guarantee of quality. He's making a big loss at that price..but he needs room on the shop floor so out they go.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Damn...wish I was in Melbourne....anyone doing proxies?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I might be heading back there to have a look at the sports jacket rack and accessories. Unfortunately I'm a bit short on cash.

Man, laychyzee, I wish those Pasinis were available in my small size as soft shoulders and unlined was exactly what I was looking for going there.

Pee-Gee, Alessandro quoted $800 for the Canali suit I tried on actually. I probably could have talked it down another $100 if I liked the fit, but it's just way too billowy a suit for my build. He brought up the topic of a 3 piece suit. I am tempted now, but I really don't see where I can actually wear a 3 piece in Australia without looking like a dandy or a Korean. I already have enough people ask whether I am Korean and I don't need more.

Going to pick up my Sarti from Katrina's this Friday. Hope it turns out right. Had to be firm with the guys there that I specifically wanted the pants hemmed 'short'. Hope the sleeves don't turn out too short though and they give me back my mop cuff buttons that they'll inevitably remove.

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoshii
wth ALL the umbrellas are now "wardrobe staples"??
no purchase for me now
frown.gif

haha so true.

sonthach54

Reaction score
So what do you all think about the Enrico Covewri's Lucchiano stocks? I thought they were fine, BTW, what are his shoes like in pricing terms?

xiaoli

Reaction score
proxies proxies blahman?
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by blahman
^^ I might be heading back there to have a look at the sports jacket rack and accessories. Unfortunately I'm a bit short on cash. Man, laychyzee, I wish those Pasinis were available in my small size as soft shoulders and unlined was exactly what I was looking for going there. Pee-Gee, Alessandro quoted $800 for the Canali suit I tried on actually. I probably could have talked it down another $100 if I liked the fit, but it's just way too billowy a suit for my build. He brought up the topic of a 3 piece suit. I am tempted now, but I really don't see where I can actually wear a 3 piece in Australia without looking like a dandy or a Korean. I already have enough people ask whether I am Korean and I don't need more. Going to pick up my Sarti from Katrina's this Friday. Hope it turns out right. Had to be firm with the guys there that I specifically wanted the pants hemmed 'short'. Hope the sleeves don't turn out too short though and they give me back my mop cuff buttons that they'll inevitably remove.

sonthach54

Reaction score
Goodness, I must have been zonked at midnight, didn't realise my message made so little sense. What I was trying to say was, given members (especially __PG__'s) critiques of the other suits which Lucchiano at Azzaro has in stock, what do you think of the Enrico Coveri's. I picked up a black 62 for $300. Also interested in thoughts on the shoes he has in stock. Thanks.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xiaoli
proxies proxies blahman?
biggrin.gif

As I have said, my bank everyday account is a bit empty at the moment. Not really willing to dig into my savings for the loss of interest earnings and most of it's locked into different investments. If you are down with depositing some cash first, and give me details on what sizes, colours, particular brands, the drop etc you're after then I'll see what I can do. Shoot me a PM and we can talk details.

That or Pee Gee or lachyzee might be able to help if not busy?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I can pretend all I want but people would still think I'm emulating Korean boy bands.
eh.gif
edit: Any cute Asian university girls in the queue there, Jimbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads