• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Sydney want anything in the Mr Porter 50% off sale?

Note: its only products without 'New Season' or 'Wardrobe Essentials' underneath

click here

Reaction score
I already ordered some stuff from Mr Porter sale through the US website. I heard the sale is US Only but I was able to check out using the shipping to Australia option. Hope they will accept my order.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
That's the place. Was there not too long ago. Nice selection, lovely service. Bought my wife a nice chic brown hat. Good looking cafe as well. Need to go back there soon.

If you wear hats the one to get is the Heritage model Fed IV. A magnificent comfortable robust hat reminsicent of beaver with a 40s aesthetic.

yoshii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Anyone in Sydney want anything in the Mr Porter 50% off sale?

Note: its only products without 'New Season' or 'Wardrobe Essentials' underneath

wth ALL the umbrellas are now "wardrobe staples"??
no purchase for me now
frown.gif

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
If you wear hats the one to get is the Heritage model Fed IV. A magnificent comfortable robust hat reminsicent of beaver with a 40s aesthetic.

I shall have a closer look at all the hats the next time I'm there (hopefully in a few weeks time). Thanks for the suggestion, meister.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Ernesto
No Loakes in the Bourke St store either.

They stick the logo on the wall, but don't really stock them.

I was there on the weekends and they do stock them. On the bottom shelf against the wall where on the other side of it are the stairs and between (if I remember correctly) the Eccos and the Steve Maddens. They have like 4 shoes on display and none of them are 1880s and pretty ugly.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
I was there on the weekends and they do stock them. On the bottom shelf against the wall where on the other side of it are the stairs and between (if I remember correctly) the Eccos and the Steve Maddens. They have like 4 shoes on display and none of them are 1880s and pretty ugly.
lol, thanks, no wonder I couldn't find them!

sonthach54

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the Azzarro sale. Picxked up a very nice Enrico Coveri suit for $300. Fitted me beautifully, which as a 62, is not too common. Luciano seems like a nice guy too.

Banana Cognac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by click here
I already ordered some stuff from Mr Porter sale through the US website. I heard the sale is US Only but I was able to check out using the shipping to Australia option. Hope they will accept my order.

So you got 50% after check out?

elvish

Reaction score
Does anyone know where Lanvin bags are made?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman

Last time I was over there, months ago, DJs at Doncaster had a whole selection of Loakes - about 6 or 7 different styles.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight, following one of the few decent shows on TV - QI - with the wonderful, if questionably dressed at times, Stephen Fry, on ARTLINE, Virginia Trioli interviews Bryan Ferry for 45 minutes.

Trioli I can do without, but hopefully she spends some time on clothing, and has done a bit more than basic research on Roxy Music etc

Below recent interview with Ferry on clothes etc....

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/a...personal-style

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited Azzaro for the first time today, great store. Didn't pick anything up today but I'll be going back soon. What's your opinion on the quality of the brands they stock? Versace Collection Enrico Coveri in Loro Piana Fabrics Pasini Carracci Sartoria Italiana Cerruti Antichi Telai 1894 Also a couple more random brands in-store. Luciano told me he is also the distributor for Canali but I can't remember if I saw any of those there. Some are in their current promotion, which has some steep discounts: http://www.azzaro.com.au/page/promotions Can I do better in Melbourne or online at those prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads