• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... Do u even own a #menswear store, bro?

You must be thinking of someone else...:)

Prototype you say, sounds cool, looks good!

Yep working on these slowly, I was hoping to release tropicals for summer but the pattern needs working on a bit and re-sampling first, so it's now going to be an A/W project.
I'm wearing the flat front ones today, and have pleated one sampled too. Around same quality/price as the Howard Yount trousers but improved (IMO) in fit a little with a higher rise (about an inch higher than the HY American) and a slightly fuller leg also to create a more pleasing line (not baggy though). Fabrics from Zignone, one of the big Italian mills and made in Italy also. Stay tuned over the next 6 months.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know we talked about this yesterday, but I think CDs shoes look fantastic post-refurb. I don't mind at all that there is still some evident creasing on the shoe. I like it. To me, good shoes look their worst when they're brand new; stiff, lifeless and often in the case of goodyear welted shoes that aren't the likes of St. Crispin's, John Lobb, and others in that league of "refinement", a little clunky. These look fantastic.

CD, I'm not sure if they were in fact yours, but a few months back when I was at Double Monk I saw dark brown Audley's with a hole in the soul about to sent out to England. If they were yours then the job that's been is incredible. The shoes I saw looked very hacked up.

That certainly sounds like them. I'm ashamed of the state I let them get into.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That certainly sounds like them. I'm ashamed of the state I let them get into.

I've got a pair of C&J Audleys that, whilst topied (quelle horreur!) are very worn in the heels and the insoles could do with being replaced, too. I might look into sending them back for C&J for a refurb, although I suppose that I'd better to check to see if they will actually refurb shoes with topied soles first.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose they would, JM. I don't know for sure but seeing as they replace the outsole in its entirety, it makes sense to me that they would because they can just yank the Topy off and then get to work as normal. If you do find out and the answer is different, please let us all know :)

On a side note: Kent Wang pools, just how slim are they?

And, where do you all get summer chino shorts from? Assuming you wear chino shorts? Most of my shorts started life as trousers and are hemmed come November. Also, I don't like how roomy Lands End shorts are on me, otherwise they'd be a good option.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*polos .. ******* iPad. Hasn't figured out I need the #menswear dictionary on it yet..

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies concerning slippers, gents. Those are some beautiful one's, Pink Socks.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Romp, I don't know what strings you'll have to pull, or what favours you'll have to do, but you gots to get suitshop on the SF "Suits and Jackets in Australia" wiki
biggrin.gif
(http://styleforumau.wikidot.com/wiki:suits-in-australia)
Great article BTW
Thanks burnso

good point re: wiki - who do we bribe to get on this haha

EDIT: also read PJohnson - pretty much everything is made in Italy rather than Netherlands now

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rice is dericious.

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose they would, JM. I don't know for sure but seeing as they replace the outsole in its entirety, it makes sense to me that they would because they can just yank the Topy off and then get to work as normal. If you do find out and the answer is different, please let us all know
smile.gif

On a side note: Kent Wang pools, just how slim are they?

And, where do you all get summer chino shorts from? Assuming you wear chino shorts? Most of my shorts started life as trousers and are hemmed come November. Also, I don't like how roomy Lands End shorts are on me, otherwise they'd be a good option.

I have a long sleeved KW polo and it's pretty slim, especially on the forearms. If you wanted a looser fit, I would suggesting sizing up (and hoping he sends you the right size!) - I ordered an L and got sent an M. In the end, it turned out ok but I'm not sure he would have covered the return shipping had I needed to send it back.

I got my chino shorts from Uniqlo when I was back in Malaysia.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
kent wang sizing changes between colourways as each fabric has different "stretch" ive found it to be incredibly inconsistent and gave up. Unfortunate because I would love a long sleeve unembellished polo shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members