• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a personal note, I can speak very highly of the customer services Rob provides (via O&J).

Congratulations Rob, Matt et al and good luck.

A big +1 to this. I've had nothing but good customer service from Rob (via O&J) and based on that, I have every expectation that this new venture will do very well.

I do hope you have some sort of a launch event - if nothing else, then for the Melbourne people to see you face to face. Hell, even just come down for a drink
smile.gif

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rob, you should have a launch party or trunk show, we Melbourne members love a free drink a chance to meet up, discuss sartorial matters and view new products.

Looking forward to hearing people's experiences. I think there is a gap in the market for Suit Shop to fill nicely. On a personal note, I can speak very highly of the customer services Rob provides (via O&J).

Congratulations Rob, Matt et al and good luck.

Agree with this. Sounds like a great opportunity to exploit this gap.

Good luck guys.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A big +1 to this. I've had nothing but good customer service from Rob (via O&J) and based on that, I have every expectation that this new venture will do very well.

I do hope you have some sort of a launch event - if nothing else, then for the Melbourne people to see you face to face. Hell, even just come down for a drink
smile.gif

Agree with this. Sounds like a great opportunity to exploit this gap.

Good luck guys.

Thanks guys very kind - and yes we hope to have regular events :)

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren sale. I am not sure about the start date (open Good Friday?). Looks like the guys over at Oroton are trying to extract as much as they can out of the Ralph Lauren label before they have to hand back the license.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When LM is in town too.

:)

aussiejake

Reaction score
v.nice piece
Cuffs are stitched on the out and inseams and along the hemline ... do you have enough fabric for a cuff? 4-5cm is my preferred width.
I'll check. There is a good 5-6cm upturned and hemmed from where they were shortened originally, coupled with the long length anyway (another 4-5cm could come off/be cuffed). I should be right to cuff them I believe. Thinking a 4 or 4.5cm cuff, as I'm ~178cm.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Score, bought the MJ Bale Tobias Navy jacket for $200 on sale. Mum will rage :(

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt looks like an excellent fit in this photo. HOWEVER, can you drive in it? Can you reach over your head with both hands to get something out of the cupboard? Is it comfortable when you're sitting down; when you're slouching?

What I'm getting at is that a shirt needs not only to look good while you're standing perfectly still, it also has to allow a natural range of movement and be comfortable throughout the day. I would hazard a guess that that shirt might be too tight in the chest and waist to do those two things--as good as it looks in robot pose.

They're cutaway collars. Green knit tie is NabilMust - he posts here and has a blog at weareallalright.tumblr.com - immaculately dressed man, take as many tips from him as you can
smile.gif

You can't just iron in a cuff. You'll have to ask for one when you get them hemmed. Note also that once tapered, the way the trousers sit on top of your shoes will also change due to a narrower leg opening, so too much fabric will cause the pants to bunch up rather than fall elegantly.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Too kind, TBM.

Jake, there are plenty of people here who can help you out, and are more than happy to share their knowledge and their opinions.

Speaking of which, I found this immaculately written piece about leaving the point buttons on a button down, unbuttoned. But alas, I can't find it.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too kind, TBM.

Jake, there are plenty of people here who can help you out, and are more than happy to share their knowledge and their opinions.

Speaking of which, I found this immaculately written piece about leaving the point buttons on a button down, unbuttoned. But alas, I can't find it.

Was it written by Graeme Wong/Phat Guido, by any chance?

Speaking personally, I don't like the style as I think that it looks a bit forced, but de gustibus non est disputandem and all that!

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll dispute some gustibus. It looks stupid. Collar points should either sit under one's jacket, or be held down by buttons. The latter should only be worn with bow ties, and MAYBE knit ties. Though I don't really like knit ties in general, so I may be biased.

aKula

Reaction score
Is Katrina's still the go to place for alterations in Melbourne?

streetminimal

Reaction score
**** good friday is the most boring public holiday ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads