• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBM - honoured to have you.

Now, let's set your goals a bit higher (maybe an appearance on GezzasEyes, I always hoped he would do "street style" or maybe some modelling for Henry Carter).

Yes, my three followers and I would love to have you appear in the blog.

To be honest, I'm still getting used to photographing people but I'm slowly getting there. Once I get more comfortable with photographing people, you'll start seeing them appear on the blog. Stay tuned ...

jmills

Reaction score
Somehow I ended up with Herringbone as a follower recently, now if only I could use that to my advantage...

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here it is on the wrist:

:slayer:
Very nice, good choice.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here it is on the wrist:

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

v.nice piece
They look great.

Help me understand, are the cuffs stitched in or something? And bunch up where? Will slimming the leg, adding a cuff and slimming leg opening help with the way the pants fall?

Thanks for the advice/help.
Cuffs are stitched on the out and inseams and along the hemline ... do you have enough fabric for a cuff? 4-5cm is my preferred width.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone used these guys?:

http://www.mycoathangers.com.au/

I meant to order some suit hangers from Le Noued Papillon while they were on sale but forgot, can't really afford them at full price.

Have you had a look at Mei & Picchi?

They're in Helen St in Newstead. I can't remember their pricing, but I picked up a lot of hangers from them a few years back for very, very reasonable prices and they were excellent quality. They have different ranges available for different prices, so it's definitely worth having a look there before ordering online.

Edited to add: I just had a look at the "mycoathangers" website and they are pretty damned cheap, especially for trouser hangers.

I might have to pick up a set but it look as though the minimum order is for 25 trouser hangers - is anyone else in Brisbane interested in sharing an order?

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone used these guys?:

http://www.mycoathangers.com.au/

I meant to order some suit hangers from Le Noued Papillon while they were on sale but forgot, can't really afford them at full price.
wow that looks cheap!

but i cant seem to find suit coat hangers i.e. with full bodied shoulder rather than thin and flat

edit: found these

Look OK - i might try 5 .. but the rest of my hangers are black lacquer which i cant find in a curve shoulder option?

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty excited Suit Shop is having its soft launch next week in Melbourne and looks like a lot of the booking slots have been filled! Let me know or enquire here if you'd like Matt to book you in over coming weeks. We may also have the Sydney option open sooner rather than later
fing02[1].gif

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty excited Suit Shop is having its soft launch next week in Melbourne and looks like a lot of the booking slots have been filled! Let me know or enquire here if you'd like Matt to book you in over coming weeks. We may also have the Sydney option open sooner rather than later
fing02%5B1%5D.gif
Rob, you should have a launch party or trunk show, we Melbourne members love a free drink a chance to meet up, discuss sartorial matters and view new products. Looking forward to hearing people's experiences. I think there is a gap in the market for Suit Shop to fill nicely. On a personal note, I can speak very highly of the customer services Rob provides (via O&J). Congratulations Rob, Matt et al and good luck.

smeggett

Reaction score
Very nice, good choice.

Yes, indeed. A lovely watch and it looks very classic, unlike some of Zenith's recent models that have a bit too much going on for my taste.

v.nice piece

Thanks for the feedback gents - my aim was to get something in a 'classic' styling and I was quite drawn to the symmetry of this particular watch. It has an elegance about it which applealed much more than any other watches in the range.

Interesting point JM - I was looking at some of the styles with the window through to the mechanics on the front face (the tourbillon ones do this as well) and whilst interesting to look at for a few seconds, I find it really detracts from the overall experience and just makes the watch face look messy.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rob, you should have a launch party or trunk show, we Melbourne members love a free drink a chance to meet up, discuss sartorial matters and view new products.

Looking forward to hearing people's experiences. I think there is a gap in the market for Suit Shop to fill nicely. On a personal note, I can speak very highly of the customer services Rob provides (via O&J).

Congratulations Rob, Matt et al and good luck.
good idea - we have some pretty cool events planned for later this year and no doubt you will all hear about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads