1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Somewhere in between - for wearing with blazers, odd jackets etc.

Reckon it's worth measuring myself up and getting some brooks brothers?

2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member

Cool I should be able to do that.

Kamakura is the business. Just got 2 new ones, white (wearing today) and pale pink. Will add some more directly I think.

3. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

They're well priced too!

- Did you get the tokyo or NY fit?
    - What was postage?
    - Which size would be the closest to your 42 shirts Jason?

4. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member

New York slim, and I wear the same size (41/16) as I do in my own shirts. The sleeves run pretty long though, so check that also, I need 1-2 cm off them. Otherwise they fit me perfect. Great long tails on the body.

1 person likes this.
  5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

TFP - at the risk of sounding a bit snarky, you should probably have made some enquiries about an appointment before you headed down to Melbourne!

The LE OCBD (oxford cloth button down) shirts are (in my experience) very good - well made, hard-wearing, with a great collar roll. Personally, I don't think that it's worth paying the extra for Brooks Brothers OCBD shirts.

I haven't tried on any Kamakura shirts myself, but I've seen them in Japan and they looked to be durable and well-made, with a great collar roll. Jason's Kamakura shirts look very nice, too.

6. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Casual

CT, Lands End, Sportscraft, Owen & James

Work
    BB

Ha have to laugh at your Canberra comment the wife and I have discussed moving to Newcastle, in particular Cooks Hill, was very impressed with it when last there.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Also, Tommy Hilfiger (or Tommy Pullmyfinger as Beavis and Butthead called him) had some OCBD on sale for $45. Got a really nice blue one.

8. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

9. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

In terms of shoes has Navy Calf/Cordovan been around all the time or is this something new? Seems to be becoming pretty popular (well I havent been around that long but it appears to be popping up in a lot of the various shoe threads more and more).

I really like the look of some of them but just not sure they are very versatile.

10. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Cooks Hill is a great spot - I used to live just off Darby Street. Newcastle East has some beautiful terrace houses too.

Personally I'd go further into The Valley. I'm currently in Morpeth but Pokolbin, Nulkaba and Rothbury are nice also.

Minus a few good cobblers Newcastle is a sartorial wasteland though.

11. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Looking for some advice. Need Would like a suede belt (one of the few holes in my wardrobe at this stage). Had a look around at a few places at the weekend but could not see any.

Have previously seen this one at Herringbone and it looked nice - http://shop.herringbone.com/ProductDetail/mens/belts/00112703_belt_monaco_brown_suede/6245

However at a $159 seemed a lot to me (most other things were on sale).

I rarely buy belts so have little knowledge on price etc (got my last one free with my Alfred Sargent monks). I prefer side adjusters where possible and have nice belts in brown and belt leather which serve me well.

Does anyone have a good place for suede belts (I know good leather belts have been covered a bit) or is the Herringbone a good buy (it looks good).

12. Marbles

Marbles Senior member

I'll be there, although I may have to be back in Tuggeranong around 12.15. Does 11.00 kickoff work?

13. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Azzaro has/had Leyva suede from around $100. Didn't have any chocolate when I looked, but maybe shoot them an email. Otherwise I picked up a suede from RL on sale last year.

14. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I have that HB one, PS. I'm wearing it today, and I wear it often. I'm not one to pay attention to matching belt/shoes, etc. and often wear calf or cordovan shoes and this suede belt. I would say this belt is good, but your call on whether it's $159 good.

15. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Didn't we agree a while back that Suit Supply was the cat's pyjamas for belts?

16. joiji

joiji Senior member

I have the following from Equus on order, will let you know what it's like when it arrives.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index.php/Suede-Belts/The-Coudray-Suede-Belt/flypage.tpl.html

17. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I think that I've got the same model, too, or one very similar from a couple of years back, and it's a great belt. Really lovely suede, good construction. I bought mine on sale, so it was quite a bit cheaper than the marked price.

18. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

It is? I was looking at getting some of their more casual belts but I didn't know they were any decent.

Cheers!

19. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

Oh sod off.

20. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Just bought a plane ticket to Malaysia ($600 return during school holidays = nice).

Got 10 days (Tuesday to Friday the next week). Looking to:

- Spend 2-3 days in KL
    - Spend 2-3 days in Penang
    - Spend 2-3 days in Singapore (for school visits)

Any recommendations? Must dos? What's the easiest/cheapest way to get around? Any decent day trips into the jungle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.