• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense why people go there for retirement, then.

Especially when 30 minutes away are places that are actually gorgeous in droves.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Johnny Cash wrote song about it and Carl Williams.

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Barwon Prison,
And time keeps draggin' on,
But that train keeps a-rollin',
On down to Old Geelong.

Last edited:

Manuhiri

Reaction score
I wear Gold Toe socks--merino blend and cotton blend. I have had several pairs for a while now and they are showing no signs of wear--maybe give them a burl.
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if Gold Toe do over the calf?

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if Gold Toe do over the calf?

They do. There is an ebay seller who sells a lot of Gold Toe, I forget their name, but you should be able to find them easily enough. Should work out to about $10-12/pair from memory.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well said, fxh, it continues:

When I was just a baby, my mum told me 'Son,
Always be a good boy and don't ever play with guns'
But I shot a man in Newport, just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowin',
I hang my head and cry

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm dressed rather casually today, in one of Romp's "Owen & James" dark chambray shirts, a pair of beige chinos and a pair of vintage Florsheim longwings.

So, in the absence of a "what am I wearing today" post, I thought that I'd post a shot of my "daily carry" items (thankfully minus my handkerchief and building pass):

Details:

- Credit card wallet by Portland St Leather in 227-year-old reindeer hide;
- iPhone case by Sena Cases (very nice, and they do iPad cases, too); and
- Omega Dynamic.

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

I'm dressed rather casually today, in one of Romp's "Owen & James" dark chambray shirts, a pair of beige chinos and a pair of vintage Florsheim longwings.

So, in the absence of a "what am I wearing today" post, I thought that I'd post a shot of my "daily carry" items (thankfully minus my handkerchief and building pass):

Details:

- Credit card wallet by Portland St Leather in 227-year-old reindeer hide;
- iPhone case by Sena Cases (very nice, and they do iPad cases, too); and
- Omega Dynamic.

Love the watch JM! 227 year old Reindeer hide, so that shot way before Bobby DeNiro in DH.

burnso

Reaction score
Speaking of 'daily carry' items, does anyone here use a key holder/ pouch (leather)?
I really need a small and simple one but haven't had any success locally (Melb).

Found a few expensive ones @ $80+ (http://www.huntleather.com.au/il-bisonte-extra-large-key-bell.html)

But prefer something like this:

... so would also be interested in any 'leather guys' that might whip one up for me

Last edited:

eightace

Reaction score
I am finding socks a problematic issue. I have recently been transitioning to all Bresciani (mainly OTC) socks. They are super comfortable and great looking. However, my issue is durability. They don't seem to last very long. So I'm thinking I need to find some acceptable, harder wearing socks for daily work duties and save the Bresciani for more important occasions. I have some Viccel and they fit well and seem quite durable but they look a bit dodgy and their colours are fairly dubious. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Mate, try 'Lafite' socks, available at Myer or online. Most are made in Australia and most have a 1 year guarantee! At about $12/pair, that's an absolute bargain.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, yes. The SENA case. I've had one for years. Actually, a couple over this period. I like them a lot. Except, for the past six months I've gone without a case. No screen protector, no case, nothing. I wage that people aren't good at looking after stuff because I've had no cracked screens, nothing. All works fine.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have shots of my daily carry, and I'd rather not cop more **** for my coin purse, haha! Instead, poke fun at what I wore today :)

Mini Cupcakes post-lunch:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've wondered how should the arm hole of a shirt fit around your shoulder/underarm?
I'm assuming with minimal extra fabric but I'm not too sure; as my shirt armholes are definitely high but they leave extra fabric on th back side icky armhole (nearest the shoulder blades).

P.S sorry if this sounds confusing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads