Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Jason

Sort this man (Gerry) out with a sponsorship deal.

In terms of cashmere ties something like these are what I would love. I imagine you are doing something similar to the first one, the second I imagine is a bit too unusual (but could maybe be a special order?).

[​IMG]
    Source: http://lnsee.tumblr.com/post/34819677456/double-breasted-by-ww-chan-liverano-liverano#notes

[​IMG]
    Source: http://abitofcolor.tumblr.com/post/35643544641/e-marinella-flecks-of-autumnal-colors-enhance

And what about something like this for the next Australian Members tie?
    [​IMG]

Understand that these are complete my own personal taste but just putting it out there. I wonder what others think (I know Gerry is keen on the purple tie too).

When are you expecting the cashmere ties? No rush, just be nice to know...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

2. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

love the spotted tie

I dont think Alan would be up for a tie sponsorship since the armoury owns drakes:)

3. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Rob

I meant Jason/Henry Carter should sponsor Nice guy Mr Nelson.

I am sure The Armoury will be putting in a bid for a share in Henry Carter Neckwear soon enough anyway....hahaha

4. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

The marinella's beautiful!
    Ernesto- Will maybe do a review of the Bedale and the Luxire shirts for fun when they get here :)

5. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Here is a simple question, why should I pay $38 to ship something that weighs 500g from U.S.A to Melbourne?

If the wallet did cost $120 and shipping was $10 that would be differnet, becasue I wouldn;t pay $120 for that wallet, or any wallet.

Your argument is flawed in that you ARE looking at the total price.
    I am looking at what is a reasonable price to charge for shipping an item, any item, from one country to another.

6. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Whilst I was reading up on eBay the other day, I came across a study which compared how people split the cost of an item and shipping in their purchasing decision.

It seemed to suggest that if there were two auctions with the same total price, but one had most of the price in the item and a small shipping cost and the other had a cheaper item cost and a more expensive shipping cost, then the latter auction type would consistently perform better.

The study explained that many consumers prefer to do what Unnamed Player is doing (nothing wrong with this necessarily), and split their decision into one about the item and one about the shipping.

But, this seems to be the opposite of ASOS's wildy successful "free shipping" model, which just absorbs the shipping cost into the total price. Interesting.

7. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

And how are we supposed to help you? Maybe we could pass the hat around and see if we can raise the shipping cost for you?

Pay it or don't mate, we really don't give a shit.

8. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Come on people, grow up (all sides of the argument).

People gripe about shipping on here all the timem\ including some of the posters who have had a go at that other guy for doing it.

$38 for a wallet is manifestly excessive compared to what you usually pay for small items postage, no doubt. Yes, if you can't get the wallet anywhere else, then maybe you have to wear it. Yes, it's probably still a better deal than anything you can get in Aus. Who cares, it's still a lot of money for a small item. But maybe, just maybe, the extra $38 put it over the OPs wallet budget.

No point getting on each other for minor things, it should be beneath the stylish gentleman. :satisfied:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

9. catpower

catpower Active Member

Just in time for summer! Welcome to the Barbour family - what did you end up getting?

10. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Congrats! I was going to ask you how you were going with your hunt. What we often forget is that the next one will come along if we miss this one.

11. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

+1

12. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Like taxis and women after midnight.

13. Manuhiri

Manuhiri Well-Known Member

Personally I think a wallet is something that it is worth spending a bit on. It's something that you will have for years and you'll use it all the time in contrast to an expensive pair of shoes or an item of clothing. Having said that though, I'm running a two wallet cutter at the moment. For coat days I have a reindeer leather job from the great english outdoors company. I love the story behind the leather more than anything.

[​IMG]

And for casual days I have a leather card holder from chester mox.

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Not in Perth.

15. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

That thing is a beast.

Don't you find it annoying to change things between the two (I imagine you must have a lot of stuff if you are carrying such a large one around)? I know I would, and be very pissed when something I needed wasn't in my wallet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.