• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windowpane1967

Reaction score
Ah the Chairman & Yip, it was always my first date restaraunt when I wanted to impress (and it always did). Took my wife there for our second date actually, wore double monks and she still married me!
Am thinking it was more the Duck Wraps than the double monks CW....!!!! Still the Chairman a truly great CBR institution.

Gilmour

Reaction score
I can take some photos of mine tomorrow if you're curious guys.
Yes please, was your shipping the said price below
Pics would be good, although after seeing the ridiculous shipping cost of $38 I might have to let the wallet go for now.

crazy.gif
that would have to Fedex or the like what about by post ??

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes please, was your shipping the said price below

The real question is, how much is it worth to you? If you'd actually pay $128 for a wallet like this then suck it up and buy it. If not, forget it. Forget about the shipping cost in relation to the wallet, etc.

What would you get for $128 elsewhere?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The real question is, how much is it worth to you? If you'd actually pay $128 for a wallet like this then suck it up and buy it. If not, forget it. Forget about the shipping cost in relation to the wallet, etc.

What would you get for $128 elsewhere?

+1.

When shopping overseas, it really only makes sense to look at the total price, not the nett price of the goods plus shipping. Then, the questions becomes, can I get a similar wallet here in Oz and, if so, how much will it cost?

If, for example, such a wallet would cost you $200, and the overseas wallet costs $128, then clearly the overseas wallet is a better deal, regardless of the shipping costs.

It's also worth noting that postage costs have risen markedly over the past few years and that it's not particularly reasonable to expect small businesses, like the above wallet-maker, to swallow shipping costs just because you only want to pay $20 instead of $28 in shipping.

g-banger

Reaction score

This is my current wallet. It's not for everyone, but I love it.
http://www.noahlambert.com/

wow that has blown my mind - i dont think the GF will appreciate me buying a new wallet when she only got me one.

on my hit list - thanks :)

on the topic of shipping - GoRuck (the bag company) are charging $70US for shipping of bags. it was hard enough to connivence me to pay $250 for a packback let alone 70 for ship.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this upsets me.

I was suited up after work, not wearing denim/chino's etc. If I want to go no socks, and I do on occasion (sorry FXH) i'll wear my Tod's usually.

Anyway, X-post of todays fit

Suit: Herringbone - This suit is officially too tight in the shoulders and chest now - and will be relegated to the archives directly
Shirt: Henry Carter white poplin
Tie: Henry Carter Brown Pin dot 7 fold
Shoes: Herring reading

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apparently it should be in a bit before Christmas, really excited.
bounce2.gif
yeah next shipment is due 2nd week of Dec:) grats on the purchase - i like the wide notch lapels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads