• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered a pair of Asos house brand chino shorts once... they were horrible. Doesn't mean everything else that is Asos branded is crap too though.
Their shipping is much quicker now than it was two years ago as well. About a week to Aus usually.

I have had much the same experience. I dunno, I don't think they are in Uniqlo's league when it comes to basics.

davodiva

Reaction score
Pictures??

I'm sure Diva won't mind...Ive just ripped this image from his site.

I've been looking at cufflinks for a while now, and I must say its very difficult to find high quality hand crafted cufflinks these days.
I'm not a big fan of swivel backs, and least of all the cheap mass produced stuff from the Far East, so when I saw that Diva
makes his cufflinks mostly in a fixed style I was pleasantly surprised ....and moved to buy these that you see.

This is MOST kind of you Osqua...and..

It just might be an opportune time to re-iterate my open INVITATION (and plea) TO ALL:

Now that my site/signature is enabled - PLEASE look at my site - and cufflink designs - and give me what feedback you can! Any - and all - feedback is most valued. Remember, my cufflinks are more of the refined classic style - designed to be timeless and to effortlessly complement quality attire within sophisticated - probably mainly conservative/business - environs.

Now I know this a bit outside the envelope of much of the - more casual - attire often discussed here....but..
I'm developing new designs as we speak - open to suggestions - and entirely happy to develop a few designs a bit more out there!

So: Go Go Go

best to all
Davo

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

I have the same pair of pants. I think I paid $62 for mine. Quite thick fabric. Lol. They are wool and poly mix !!

The ones I linked and are wearing are linen. I wouldn't buy any of their house branded suiting products though as they are pretty much all wool/poly.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The ones I linked and are wearing are linen. I wouldn't buy any of their house branded suiting products though as they are pretty much all wool/poly.

I avoid their in house branded products. I am a w28 . Near impossible to find pants on my size. Few places I can find but over $150. But I bit out of my budget . So I bought few pants from asos and few from topman.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Bourges....nothing fancy.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last Friday went to see my old classmate Billy Birmingham do his schtick at the Putney Bowlo in Sydney.
He held the audience captive for over an hour with stories imitations and anecdotes of his career and everyone was taking snaps of him on their i-phones.
Sometimes you forget that kids that were 16 when he stated are now in their 40s! Funny that.
A true Aussie legend.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...billy-birmingham/story-e6frfn09-1226213730765

Blue and gold forever?

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I bought a Ralph Lauren Classic fit from the Ralph Lauren store in Sydney QVB

E75B887B-1F23-4ECF-B803-D95849F3FAE5-1265-00000103BCC9CE65.jpg

I just noticed I says "Blue Label" on the tag if my RL custom fit polo.

I thought Blue Label was for women, no? Is this a mistake on the sticker?

62E244B7-924C-44E1-9447-B12E27D15CBD-2534-000002024F634563.jpg

I also realized the sticker says "PRL Classics", but as you can clearly see its a custom fit, not a classic fit. Why is that?

21FF0FED-52F0-4FE7-9B8C-4F3133615DC7-2549-000002038CA1CA0E.jpg

It still says "Classi" on the original rag after I removed the sticker. Why does it say classic if its a custom fit?

C9219EBA-59AE-4AB8-BA57-E13F3E28D32C-2618-000002112D10A51D.jpg

I made a thread about it and everyone days it's fake because it has orange inside the neck line and on the bottom where the cuts are.

WTF I'm so confused why would Ralph Lauren in QVB sell fakes

Please help me as this has really ruined my day

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The buttons and Made in Sri Lanka label looks pretty real to me.
Wouldnt worry about the 'blue label' sticker since Australian labels may have slightly different wording and PRL can be called blue label anyway.

$100 for that polo is kind of steep though tbh. Outlets tend to polosm for about $50.

Still not a fan of the quality though as their ribbed collars are notoriously easy to curl up.

Just got my chinos today and damn when they say slim fit theyre reaaally slim fit. I can feel the pants wrap around my calf and I'm known to have chicken legs. Next time I think I'll get the straight fit stuff.
I wouldn't go with their polyblend suiting either, but for other casuals there can be some bargains to be had.

The real bargains however are the ASOS collab items, or the reputable branded items on clearance.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

^^ The buttons and Made in Sri Lanka label looks pretty real to me.
Wouldnt worry about the 'blue label' sticker since Australian labels may have slightly different wording and PRL can be called blue label anyway.
$100 for that polo is kind of steep though tbh. Outlets tend to polosm for about $50.
Still not a fan of the quality though as their ribbed collars are notoriously easy to curl up.
Just got my chinos today and damn when they say slim fit theyre reaaally slim fit. I can feel the pants wrap around my calf and I'm known to have chicken legs. Next time I think I'll get the straight fit stuff.
I wouldn't go with their polyblend suiting either, but for other casuals there can be some bargains to be had.
The real bargains however are the ASOS collab items, or the reputable branded items on clearance.

How can I prevent the collar from curling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads