• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm not the only one who had the wardrobe of someone like ethan desu or vox^ :)

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anybody know the name of the polo style of the RL polo I posted in the last page?

pasey25

Reaction score

Does anybody know the name of the polo style of the RL polo I posted in the last page?

no sorry I don't. Most of the regular members I doubt will know either. I think you'll have your best luck elsehwere in the forum for this question.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

no sorry I don't. Most of the regular members I doubt will know either. I think you'll have your best luck elsehwere in the forum for this question.

Is there anyway I can find it in the price tag etc?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is there anyway I can find it in the price tag etc?

Ss cm match bp mesh ... Custom fit, match version of the big polo in mesh..

I think that design is about 4 years old at least... Best trying some clearance/outlet sites.

And i agree the street wear forum might have a better idea on these sport shirts

Osqua

Reaction score
So.. at this rather strange time of night when I should be celebrating my anniversary, I find myself contemplating what to do.

Do I rebel and make a stand ?....or do I simply accept the status quo and suffer in silence?

You see...my Dilemma is this:

FOR 4 VERY VERY LONG YEARS I HAVE BEEN FORCED - AS PART OF MY EMPLOYMENT - TO WEAR A UNIFORM OF THE MOST CRINGE WORTHY YOU CAN IMAGINE...And I find myself at a loss as to what to do.

Consisting of:

Plain white Target business shirt

Black Polyester/Viscose STUBBIES Trouser

Black socks - sourced from $2 shop

Black Florscheims of some sort from their seconds store

Yellow Tie purchased in bulk from God knows where on the net.

Black Double Breasted Blazer from Fletcher Jones

This what you get when you work for a small time Business Owner that insists on supplying his staff with his idea of "good gear" and really only cares about his bottom line.

Every day for the past 4 years I've felt like a freakin European Wasp.....enough is enough!!!

So I need some advice here.

Do I rebel, throw caution to the wind, and wear my own version of the uniform?
If so what do you suggest

Do I shred the ties in protest and make a stand...?

Do I have a nervous breakdown and go on work cover?

Do I quit and get a new job......(The work cover option starting to sound good)

My apologies if this is all a bit vague..but right at this moment I feel like a Pit Bull that's chewing the Wasp

SO WHAT DO I DO TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND...?....

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So.. at this rather strange time of night when I should be celebrating my anniversary, I find myself contemplating what to do.

Do I rebel and make a stand ?....or do I simply accept the status quo and suffer in silence?

You see...my Dilemma is this:

FOR 4 VERY VERY LONG YEARS I HAVE BEEN FORCED - AS PART OF MY EMPLOYMENT - TO WEAR A UNIFORM OF THE MOST CRINGE WORTHY YOU CAN IMAGINE...And I find myself at a loss as to what to do.

Consisting of:

Plain white Target business shirt

Black Polyester/Viscose STUBBIES Trouser

Black socks - sourced from $2 shop

Black Florscheims of some sort from their seconds store

Yellow Tie purchased in bulk from God knows where on the net.

Black Double Breasted Blazer from Fletcher Jones

This what you get when you work for a small time Business Owner that insists on supplying his staff with his idea of "good gear" and really only cares about his bottom line.

Every day for the past 4 years I've felt like a freakin European Wasp.....enough is enough!!!

So I need some advice here.

Do I rebel, throw caution to the wind, and wear my own version of the uniform?
If so what do you suggest

Do I shred the ties in protest and make a stand...?

Do I have a nervous breakdown and go on work cover?

Do I quit and get a new job......(The work cover option starting to sound good)

My apologies if this is all a bit vague..but right at this moment I feel like a Pit Bull that's chewing the Wasp

SO WHAT DO I DO TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND...?....

Turn those trousers into a pair of real stubbies, burn the rest, quit and wear those stubbies down to centrelink

Osqua

Reaction score
See.. I knew I had come to the right place.

Romp...you're a Prophet
worship2.gif

Salvation is at hand !!!

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turn those trousers into a pair of real stubbies, burn the rest, quit and wear those stubbies down to centrelink
Romp, i'm surprised you suggested this. I would've thought you suggest Osqua don a handmade buotonniere to brighten things up
mwink[1].gif

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I wore suits to work daily and I did this for a number of years. I hated it. That was before I cared about what I wore generally - least of all work. Now I dress smart but very casual and I would kill to be able to suit it up daily. If I wear an Oxford shirt with jeans to work now, the developers think I'm going to a wedding or a funeral (I'm in IT).

I can see your predicament but this is your job, if you want to wear who you like then go somewhere that allows it or start your own business. I wouldn't recommend doing your own thing without running it past he owner of the business. If it really bothers you as much as it seems to be then perhaps you should move on. It can't be nice having to dress in those clothes.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^
Thanks guys; heard that 1880's are the only Loake's one should buy; but a lot of people said the royal's were fantastic, though from your argument I'll look at the 1880's.
Btw I recall a (long) while back I saw a post about fairly cheap 1880's in Melbourne; if there are fairly cheap 1880's in Melbourne please let me know.

Beggar Man Thief has an outlet stall at the South Melbourne Market where you can usually find a limited range of Loake 1880s for around $250.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks^ gonna go down there either Tommorow or next Saturday to get some shoe taps, should I get metal or plastic?

streetminimal

Reaction score
metal, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads