• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty pathetic offering locally with jumpers did see that Muji have a Yak hair50-50 wool one. Never worn yak hair before. Any opinions?

mercury

Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How timely.
That was a good read. Looking forward to the next one on sport coats.

@Geoffrey Firmin Have you tried Uniqlo? They usually have basics in both round neck and V-neck in a wide range of colours. 100% wool and 100% cashmere options.
Also also there is the "Uniqlo U" range: https://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/men/collections/uniqlo-u.html
Will be getting one from Uniqlo but want an outdoors jumper I have a Filson Guide which is quite think but need another.

BeClassic

Reaction score
Hi, Guys,

I'm just wondering that I'm going to sell couple of Jackets before I'm gonna put it on Ebay.

1. (Sold) Brooks Brothers Corduroy Navy Blouson
: M, Used, rarely worn, Drying cleaned, $ 80(rrp $250)

2. A1 Dark Brown Suede Jacket
: Brand New, Goat Suede, Size S
· Lining : 100% Brushed Cotton
· Horn buttons
· 2 inner pockets
· 2 outer pockets
· Made in Spalla Bespoke, Korea
$ 350 (rrp $750)
Shoulder 48 / chest 54.5 / waist 50 / sleeve 59.5 / back lengths 62

I'm wearing size of Valstar 50, Baracuta 38, Polo S

20190501_100516.jpg
20190501_095454.jpg

Free delivery by Aust post and pick up available in Melbourne. Plz let me know if u want more pics and details.

Best regards,

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty pathetic offering locally with jumpers did see that Muji have a Yak hair50-50 wool one. Never worn yak hair before. Any opinions?
I have a 50/50 wool/yak crewneck from Cos. It's had quite a few wears over the last couple of years and held up well, little pilling and so on, at least not to an unsightly extent. Feels like a nice fibre to wear.

Topher22

Reaction score
Japan Blue for something in the $100-200 range

Where does one find Japan Blue clothing in Australia, or Melbourne for that matter?

I took a gamble on ordering a pair of their chinos online. Good quality, though they seem to run small in size. Sadly i couldn't wear it.

mercury

Reaction score
Corlection in Sydney and Melbourne stock them.
Japan Blue is a good gateway into Japanese denim, the quality is a step above APC imo. Momotaro is their higher end brand iirc.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dylan and Son are coming to Sydney for a trunk show, I'm just helping him spread the word as a friend (we've known each other for the better part of a decade).

It's looking like July or August this year. Bespoke suits and trousers, and MTM shirts.
Bespoke suits starting from $3,000.
Bespoke trousers $690 onwards.
MTM shirts range between $220-$320.

Feel free to PM me for more details or for an introduction.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Dylan and Son are coming to Sydney for a trunk show, I'm just helping him spread the word as a friend (we've known each other for the better part of a decade).

It's looking like July or August this year. Bespoke suits and trousers, and MTM shirts.

Big fan of their stuff, I’ve been flying into Singapore these past few months so I currently have a commission going. Definitely keen for the trunk show.

boot_owl

Reaction score

Big fan of their stuff, I’ve been flying into Singapore these past few months so I currently have a commission going. Definitely keen for the trunk show.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice advertorial!

"when customers... realise they can buy perfectly fitting, custom-tailored suits and shirts..."

Clearly Institchu must have improved over the past few years, as a few of my former colleagues bought suits from Institchu and they were anything but "perfectly fitting".

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice advertorial!

"when customers... realise they can buy perfectly fitting, custom-tailored suits and shirts..."

Clearly Institchu must have improved over the past few years, as a few of my former colleagues bought suits from Institchu and they were anything but "perfectly fitting".

It's pretty extraordinary. Odd that they probably wouldn't do that level of puffery on other good and services (outside of their lifestyle sections).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbev