• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding "unTrad", I prefer the Malaysian-made BB OCBD collars without a tie. The fact that they are lightly lined and fused means that the collar stands up more - it has a bit more shape and structure without a tie. The unlined and unfused collars in the made-in-USA OCBD shirts are really soft and look better than the other collars when worn *with* a tie; but when worn without a tie they tend to splay apart a bit more, rather than standing up.

I hope that description makes sense!

BananaKing

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding "unTrad", I prefer the Malaysian-made BB OCBD collars without a tie. The fact that they are lightly lined and fused means that the collar stands up more - it has a bit more shape and structure without a tie. The unlined and unfused collars in the made-in-USA OCBD shirts are really soft and look better than the other collars when worn *with* a tie; but when worn without a tie they tend to splay apart a bit more, rather than standing up.

I hope that description makes sense!
Yeah I think I get the idea, cheers JM. I've decided I'll pass on the BB OCBD and stick with trying to buy more Kamakura's/Maker's shirts. The NY slim fit really is perfect for me but sadly I only own two of them. I'm just gonna wait until another friend or family member visits Japan.

Last edited:

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score
Has anyone commissioned a pair of bespoke shoes from Duncan McHarg? Interested to know people's thoughts on his work.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is marvelous I showed Mrs GF a selction of scaves from Vanda. ‘Looks nice very Jappanese, but I don’t need a new one.’:brick: Great back to drawing board.

Looking for a quality restaurant in the Potts Point, Surry Hills area for next Monday night. Have had a couple of ideas but people I’ve spoken too have disparrpaged them.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is marvelous I showed Mrs GF a selction of scaves from Vanda. ‘Looks nice very Jappanese, but I don’t need a new one.’:brick: Great back to drawing board.

Looking for a quality restaurant in the Potts Point, Surry Hills area for next Monday night. Have had a couple of ideas but people I’ve spoken too have disparrpaged them.
Firedoor? Farmhouse? Porteno?

boot_owl

Reaction score

I’m a big fan of buffalo dining club (darlinghurst, between Potts and Surry)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drakes sale is offering 50% off. Monday UK only.

eightace

Reaction score

Macleay Street Bistro

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macleay Street Bistro

Good lord I thought it shut up years ago.

We were going to Yellow but friends dined there recently and said it’s lost it. Sad,very sad.

Thanks for suggestions gents. Now comes the pitch to Mrs GF.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If in doubt, there’s always Chin Chin. Wouldn’t call it fine dining but it’s hip and fun.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good work Jason. I've seen a few of your lawns on FB. And I have a tie or two from you.

Do you actually wear Blunnies or other work boots? - I think I see a bit of a decline in Blunnies popularity
I do mate, lots of fancy $200 work boots out there but I find blunnies to be really comfy and for $110 for steel caps good quality. Not made in Tassie anymore sadly but not much is.

My own lawn at present, has held up pretty well from 4 x 40 deg days last week.

20190119_121631 (1500x821).jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sliq Had a look at the suggestions. A couple closed due to the Pubic Holiday. To paraphrase the East Berliners. “They came they saw they did a little eating.”

Friday Thai Pothong.

Saturday Fratelli Fresh Walsh Bay and theatre.

Sunday Glebe.

Monday now talking about pizza at Gigi.

Will add Chin Chin to my too do list.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do mate, lots of fancy $200 work boots out there but I find blunnies to be really comfy and for $110 for steel caps good quality. Not made in Tassie anymore sadly but not much is.

My own lawn at present, has held up pretty well from 4 x 40 deg days last week.

View attachment 1111689
Nice lawn there mate.;) Last week was a ***** with the heat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads