• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So here's the damage on the westbournes. Slightly worse than the 1cm scratch that was in the listing.
Any recommendations for somewhere in Sydney to fix it?

If it was me I'd being doing the old Supa Glue with toothpick then wax polish build up trick.
But you might want to summons @meister from the dark dungeon to see what he says.

herringbonePete

Reaction score
So strolled along Chapel Street this morning with wife and kids. Very disheartened to see the scuffs, grunge, tattoos etc. I get its a lot of 20 something's...hipsters are worse in their own way.

I do think sometimes an entire generation had forgotten how to dress. Or more..

That said, I did spot one gent in a sublime semi-formal blue shirt, tan cotton trousers and leather Chukkas who looked great, and several very well dressed and appointed girls who looked like they were dressed for Toorak Village and had perhaps got lost...

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sound way too stuffy HB.

Relax, don't be so judgy, there's not pleasure in that.

herringbonePete

Reaction score

You sound way too stuffy HB.

Relax, don't be so judgy, there's not pleasure in that.

I don't know, there's been many a wry or weary comment on this thread made at times about dress in Australia, (although it's not confined to any one nation).

Have to admit I was looking a bit scruffy myself..

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most of those comments have this weird condescension towards what's trendy or hip - in the same way I imagine that people were complaining about punk or grunge or valley girl styles. At the end of the day these are (probably) fleeting fancies and largely ways for young people to enjoy costuming and identity. The pinnacle of clothing isn't some form of CM but the clothing that makes you most happy.

Raining on someone's parade seems like such a waste of time. Which is how those sorts of ;look at that ******* hipster' comments come off, to me at least.

herringbonePete

Reaction score

I don't know, there's been many a wry or weary comment on this thread made at times about dress in Australia, (although it's not confined to any one nation).

Have to admit I was looking a bit scruffy myself..

I think most of those comments have this weird condescension towards what's trendy or hip - in the same way I imagine that people were complaining about punk or grunge or valley girl styles. At the end of the day these are (probably) fleeting fancies and largely ways for young people to enjoy costuming and identity. The pinnacle of clothing isn't some form of CM but the clothing that makes you most happy.

Raining on someone's parade seems like such a waste of time. Which is how those sorts of ;look at that ******* hipster' comments come off, to me at least.

Perfectly valid point. But I actually made the comment to my wife that compared to some of the grunge I saw I infinitely preferred the Hipster look.

Surely for a forum that pursues style a certain level of grunginess is in opposition to that?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice photos of Japan, @Foxhound .

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If it was me I'd being doing the old Supa Glue with toothpick then wax polish build up trick.
But you might want to summons @meister from the dark dungeon to see what he says.

Yeah maybe some mild steaming (just a hint) to lift the tears a bit then when dry what fxh says and then gentle pressure to straighten the tear out and then collonil and then wax closed. All advice but no responsibility. Alternative is soften with dampness and then polish and then call it patina.

EdwMicInAus

Reaction score

So here's the damage on the westbournes. Slightly worse than the 1cm scratch that was in the listing.

Any recommendations for somewhere in Sydney to fix it?

You could try rubbing a deer bone over it. Double Monk sell them. I've had great results using that on scratches - but more with cordovan. It may work the same with calf. Just ask them...

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So strolled along Chapel Street this morning with wife and kids. Very disheartened to see the scuffs, grunge, tattoos etc. I get its a lot of 20 something's...hipsters are worse in their own way.

I do think sometimes an entire generation had forgotten how to dress. Or more..

That said, I did spot one gent in a sublime semi-formal blue shirt, tan cotton trousers and leather Chukkas who looked great, and several very well dressed and appointed girls who looked like they were dressed for Toorak Village and had perhaps got lost...

Last night went to a jazz gig in Canberra every second bloke, some older than me, and the band were wearing untucked shirts. WTF is the country going Sartorialy?

Last edited:

herringbonePete

Reaction score

Last night went to a jazz gig in Canberra every second bloke, some older than me, and the band were wearing untucked shirts. WTF is the country going Sartorialy?

It's just fashion / conformity.

Untucked shirts only work when the length is bang on and for the athletic, if at all. I wonder if the great untuck covers a gut for many of the less athletic ..

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also depends whether people are wearing jeans or trousers.

If trousers, then you simply shouldn't wear the shirt untucked. With jeans, though, I think that a button up shirt can look good either tucked or untucked, depending on the shirt, what shoes you are wearing and so on.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also depends whether people are wearing jeans or trousers. 

If trousers, then you simply shouldn't wear the shirt untucked. With jeans, though, I think that a button up shirt can look good either tucked or untucked, depending on the shirt, what shoes you are wearing and so on. 

Jeans, trousers and chinos, sneakers no chukkas.

Maybe twenty year olds can do but does not work on over 30's.

Not a look I condone to be honest.I just think it looks slovenly.

Anyway Western Civilisation went into decline when men stopped wearing hats IMHO, this is just another sorry symptom.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads