• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

npvpositive

Reaction score
My guess would be that PJT has grown too quickly and the Italian workshop is struggling to maintain quality.

It's a shame. I don't buy my suits from PJ these days, but I'd like to see him thrive (and succeed overseas). We don't have many Australian tailoring success stories.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simons experience looks fantastic in comparison to timeless mans. The pick of fabric for the trousers was great, best thing between the two articles.

ruzzi

Reaction score
Can see any details or pricing on his website - what sort of range is he in?

I asked when he first opened 2 years ago and for suits (850) pants (300) and shirts (175) its similar to SuitShop pricing, or perhaps a touch lower. Not surprising since its the same style as SS and made in China so my personal thought it that he uses the same factory.

Note the pricing is from 2 years ago so may have changed.

Last edited:

sensuki

Reaction score
Picked up my TFC Bespoke Trouser order today from Joe at the Melbourne trunk show. Definitely worth the hype, best fitting pair of pants I have. My ZC fitting from the Bespoke Promo also shall only require one fitting rather than two, it was almost spot on on the first fitting.

Will have to post some photos when able.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone read A Timeless Man's critique of his PJT suit?

Horrific.

https://www.timelessman.com.au/bespoke/p-johnson-finished-suit/

The astonishing thing is that, despite remaking the entire suit, I think that his second suit actually looks worse than the first.

From his blog, here's a pic of the first PJT suit - you can see that the balance is a bit off and the lower front of the jacket seems to push forward. Apart from that, though, it doesn't look too bad:

DSC_0040-680x1024.jpg

Here's the second suit - the fit doesn't look great and the shoulders and arms are, quite simply, a total mess. It's quite remarkable that they let him walk out of the store in a jacket with sleeves like these:

DSC_0402-1024x986.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, totally unrelated to clothing, I was reading a news article today about a man who went missing and who appears to have been buried in his own backyard: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/goodna-missing-man-police-excavate-home/10958848

I thought that the name was familiar and when I Googled a photo, I realised that I knew him at uni. He was a nice bloke - very fond of a drink, a former diesel mechanic who decided to get off the tools, studied science at uni and went on to become a teacher. I hadn't seen him in about 15 years but, by all accounts, he was a good teacher and well liked.

A bit shocking to think of someone that I used to play pool and sink beers with at the uni pub, being killed and buried in a freezer in his own backyard.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, totally unrelated to clothing, I was reading a news article today about a man who went missing and who appears to have been buried in his own backyard: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/goodna-missing-man-police-excavate-home/10958848

I thought that the name was familiar and when I Googled a photo, I realised that I knew him at uni. He was a nice bloke - very fond of a drink, a former diesel mechanic who decided to get off the tools, studied science at uni and went on to become a teacher. I hadn't seen him in about 15 years but, by all accounts, he was a good teacher and well liked.

A bit shocking to think of someone that I used to play pool and sink beers with at the uni pub, being killed and buried in a freezer in his own backyard.
Just be a bit careful if you see your wife digging a hole in the backyard

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obviously Criminal MasterMinds at work here.
Brian Nicholls, who lived next door to the missing man, said he had seen a group of people digging on the property about three weeks ago. "There was an excavator in the backyard digging a hole all day Saturday and apparently they had buried a freezer of rotten meat in it," Mr Nicholls told the ABC. "I didn't see them bury the freezer, all I saw was the excavator working. They worked from 11am Saturday morning through to the evening."

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just be a bit careful if you see your wife digging a hole in the backyard

I already told the kids about it, so they'll be alert to any unexplained digging in the backyard if I happen to suddenly go missing...

You're certainly right that they don't seem all that smart. Man goes missing and then someone entirely different turns up and digs a big hole in his backyard?!?! No, nothing to see here, nothing suspicious happening at all, I've just brought this freezer of rotten meat over to bury in someone else's backyard...

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 35% rate of returns (the average for clothing bought online) the cost of returns is about $40. At a 70% rate of return (reported by some German clothing firms ) the item makes a straight loss for the company.

Home is where your heart is
Shopping from home is comfortable. You can do it in your time. You feel no pressure to hurry up and buy something. You can do it in your pyjamas.

To compete against the home shopping experience, retailers are exploring how to make you feel more at home in their stores. Tactics involve evoking sensory familiarity through furnishings, lighting and even scents.

Men’s clothing retailer Rodd & Gunn is taking the homeliness vibe to its logical extreme, with shop fit-outs that mimic an actual home.

file-20181126-149311-1x3m3l0.jpg

Rodd & Gunn’s ‘experiential’ retail store in Chadstone, Melbourne. Rodd and Gunn blog
The picture above shows Rodd & Gunn’s “experiential store” in Chadstone, Melbourne. There’s a slanted wood-panelled ceiling to evoke a real house roof. In the centre of the shop floor is a “living room” space with sofa, armchairs and a coffee table. Artworks hang on the walls. It’s all intended to make you feel as relaxed (almost) as you would in your own home.

This approach reflects the research that shows how familiar design elements help make shoppers feel comfortable. Colour and music choices apparently don’t make much difference, but layout and other sensory experiences do.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads