• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ovlov

Reaction score
I believe Allen Edmonds charge it directly at time of checkout. If I am correct, you were not charged this by Australian customs?

Basically, looking to by a Pelikan Souveran m600. UK prices absurdly cheaper than sale AU prices.

I am wondering what will happen at customs - if I have to pay the GST, that's fine, but I am a little scared about this 'processing fee'. Having said that, I read about this on a accounting firm website, not a Government page.

Im pretty sure gst is eaten by the vendor (or added to the price). I bought some EGs from Gentleman's Footware during the black friday sales and never got charged for gst. And that was over $1k

ovlov

Reaction score
That's good to keep in mind they do that :) and grats on the new digs.
Thanks. I feel a little guilty getting them online aftee getting sized up at DM, but they were supposed to get me a price on my mto and it never happened. Then i saw these beauties on sale and i couldn't pass up a bargain...

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically, looking to by a Pelikan Souveran m600. UK prices absurdly cheaper than sale AU prices.
Details? I’m quite partial to the green celluloid stripe model, not that I need another pen - though it wouldn’t go astray while fxh keeps getting me to sign amendments to my will, for some reason.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details? I’m quite partial to the green celluloid stripe model, not that I need another pen - though it wouldn’t go astray while fxh keeps getting me to sign amendments to my will, for some reason.
You out on day release? Or did Ollie finally get the charges dropped.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I meant what details on the M600 were you thinking? I’ve heard the nibs run a little larger than other brands.

You out on day release? Or did Ollie finally get the charges dropped.

Oli got me the firing squad but luckily fxh baked a file into my Xmas cake.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all.

And seeing it seems the season to post trite aphorisms on the net; here's mine:

49560055_1153201351520411_2779246571005411328_n.jpg

boot_owl

Reaction score
My recent experience was with Allen Edmonds and I was changed GST on the shoes and shipping. And they definitely would not do more than $75k a year in sales to Australia.:brick::brick::censored:

However as it’s under the umbrella of Border Free that could explain it. Maybe.

Maybe something related to brooks brothers? They stock some AEs in martin place

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics