• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decreased

Reaction score
Well played
Shame we waited so long to pick a team on form, we lost the opportunity to break the dynasty and until we win 5 or 6 in a row the trauma will remain

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long is the road and hard is the climb out of Hell.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for self quote, but I saw this On finder.com.au

The core GST requirements remain unchanged. Businesses are only required to register for GST if their annual turnover from selling to Australians is over $75,000.

I'd say many forum favourites that don't have mass appeal won't be hit?
Only required to register if over $75,000. Always required to pay GST. Either at point of sale or at border.

Carmina or whoever would only have to sell 140 pairs of shoes to reach $75k. @Foxhound nearly buys that many himself

Decreased

Reaction score
Only required to register if over $75,000. Always required to pay GST. Either at point of sale or at border.

Carmina or whoever would only have to sell 140 pairs of shoes to reach $75k. @Foxhound nearly buys that many himself

This will mean I have record credit card debt from purchases this month
But also that everything I buy and don't need is effectively 10% cheaper.

boot_owl

Reaction score

Time to start hiding my shoemaker to stop him reaching $75k heh

smeggett

Reaction score
So with Amazon is there a reason they are treated as a single entity, rather than an 'Amazon' and a bunch of re-sellers whom they provide a sales platform to, but might not necessarily ever hit the $75k target to register for GST?

I guess the crux of my question is why not let the re-sellers sell from the US site and let the gov't collect at the border? I'm sure I'm missing something in all this, never mind the fact I think it's a case of the Aus gov't cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TOJ are fucked.

benf

Reaction score
A plug for DHL. Ordered some goodies from Norway (cavour.co) on the weekend. It shipped on Monday nite and was delivered this morning (~60 hours door-to-door).

BTW, Cavour offers free delivery on all purchases so now is a good time to buy prior to the GST kicking in.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with Amazon is there a reason they are treated as a single entity, rather than an 'Amazon' and a bunch of re-sellers whom they provide a sales platform to, but might not necessarily ever hit the $75k target to register for GST?

I guess the crux of my question is why not let the re-sellers sell from the US site and let the gov't collect at the border? I'm sure I'm missing something in all this, never mind the fact I think it's a case of the Aus gov't cutting off its nose to spite its face.
As long as GST is paid Gov/ATO doesn’t care by who or whom. I’m not sure what you are saying but amazons internal arrangemts are of no interest to oz gov as long as GST is paid/collected before goods or service in customers hands.

smeggett

Reaction score
As long as GST is paid Gov/ATO doesn’t care by who or whom. I’m not sure what you are saying but amazons internal arrangemts are of no interest to oz gov as long as GST is paid/collected before goods or service in customers hands.
I guess what I'm saying is why doesn't Amazon let resellers sell to Oz on the US platform and leave it up to the gov't to collect GST prior to collection of the parcel? I understand Amazon themselves can't due to turnover.

Probably too much of a headfsck at a guess, coupled with a bit of up yours to the gov't.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix