1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Aston Martin Super Car One-77

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by von Rothbart, Mar 1, 2010.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Only 77 will be produced at $1.4 millions a pop. A Middle Eastern buyer offered to buy 10 and was refused. AM changed its mind when the offer was $23 million or $900,000 premium over the list price for each car.

http://www.one-77.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

I would like one.

3. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

Best looking thing i have seen, Aston allways seem to make beautiful cars

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

That is a sexy beast.

5. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

ill be in the minority, but i think that looks totally whack.

it looks like a cross between a catfish and the crossfire. [​IMG] or am i taking crazy pills.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

No, I'm (sort of) with you on this one. It's an impressive looking car, but not a beautiful one. It has lost the sleek and understated elegance of the normal Aston designs, in favour of the Transformers / X-Men techno look.

Still prefer it to the Lambo Reventon, though, which could well have been drawn by the same excitable, Batman t-shirt wearing undergrad.

7. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

It looks like a corvette.

8. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

It looks like a corvette.

ummmm no.

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

ill be in the minority, but i think that looks totally whack. it looks like a cross between a catfish and the crossfire. [​IMG] or am i taking crazy pills.
    +1, This looks like an Aston on steroids and IMO AMs are too beautiful to be given steroids

10. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

+1, This looks like an Aston on steroids and IMO AMs are too beautiful to be given steroids

Hmm I can understand what you are trying to say.
    It reminds me of a Zagato version of an AM.

11. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

ummmm no.

I actually see what he's talking about. Specifically, the side profile with the double scoop looks a lot like a ZR-1.

[​IMG]

The point is, as others have noted, it's not necessarily all that beautiful a car. It does evoke the classic Aston lines, which suggests beauty, but it does have a lot going on. Probably too much.

Oh well, I have never much seen the point in getting a boner over these supercars though. Even if I could afford one, I doubt I'd ever buy one. I might buy an Aston someday, yes, but it won't be this one.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Ugly and sorta unimpressive. All these halo, ego cars are a bit of a joke. I don't think it takes much to say - here is a clean sheet and an unlimited budget, go ahead and make a car. A car like the Elise is much more impressive...

14. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

15. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I don't like it either[​IMG] I would expect much more of an exotic looking car for that much money.

16. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I don't like it either[​IMG] I would expect much more of an exotic looking car for that much money.
    Therein lies the insolvable dichotomy. It's an Aston Martin and not a Lambo. Audi went exotic with the R8, but I doubt AM could bring themselves to do that. Also, why is the guy in the second pic driving like a grandpa?

17. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

Even if they sell all 77 at a premium, I doubt they'll make money on it, unless a more generally available model is subsidising all the R+D costs etc.

18. ragdoll

ragdoll Senior member

I'll take that Porsche 918 concept car in the other thread any day.

This is fugly.

19. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

Wouldn't exactly call it ugly and I don't think anyone here is big-timer enough to refuse one if it were given to them - but it doesn't have that same kind of presence of the rest of the range. Seems kind of angular.

20. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

The interior looks like it was designed for a rich Arab - very flashy and not Astonmartin-like.