• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aston Martin Super Car One-77

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I don't like it either
frown.gif
I would expect much more of an exotic looking car for that much money.

Therein lies the insolvable dichotomy. It's an Aston Martin and not a Lambo. Audi went exotic with the R8, but I doubt AM could bring themselves to do that. Also, why is the guy in the second pic driving like a grandpa?

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if they sell all 77 at a premium, I doubt they'll make money on it, unless a more generally available model is subsidising all the R+D costs etc.

ragdoll

Reaction score
I'll take that Porsche 918 concept car in the other thread any day.

This is fugly.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Wouldn't exactly call it ugly and I don't think anyone here is big-timer enough to refuse one if it were given to them - but it doesn't have that same kind of presence of the rest of the range. Seems kind of angular.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
The interior looks like it was designed for a rich Arab - very flashy and not Astonmartin-like.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
Wouldn't exactly call it ugly and I don't think anyone here is big-timer enough to refuse one if it were given to them - but it doesn't have that same kind of presence of the rest of the range. Seems kind of angular.

Nobody will refuse it, but is it beautiful enough that you would keep it versus flipping it? The answer is no (admittedly it is probably no for a lot of cars, but I would probably have it directly shipped to the buyer and not even sit in it). Much rather have the LFA, Veyron, Zonda or a bunch of others.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Nobody will refuse it, but is it beautiful enough that you would keep it versus flipping it? The answer is no (admittedly it is probably no for a lot of cars, but I would probably have it directly shipped to the buyer and not even sit in it). Much rather have the LFA, Veyron, Zonda or a bunch of others.

Agreed--except with respect to the LFA, which is much, much uglier. The Vantage remains Aston's best-looking (and cheapest) car. This thing has lines in all the wrong places going in weird directions. The side windows are particularly clumsy looking.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the info about the middle eastern buyer ?

BRIMSTONE

Reaction score
Remember that Ford sold Aston Martin a few years ago to a group of Kuwaiti businessmen. Ford still has a minority stake as well as a English businessman.
The Arabs have purchased stakes in Ferrari and Mercedes as well. Our dependency on oil has given them so much liquid cash that they are constantly on a shopping spree. The last I heard is that the Emirati's now own the Chrysler building. What next?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Agreed--except with respect to the LFA, which is much, much uglier. The Vantage remains Aston's best-looking (and cheapest) car. This thing has lines in all the wrong places going in weird directions. The side windows are particularly clumsy looking.

I used to think that until I saw one. Totally doesn't work in pics but works in video and IRL.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRIMSTONE
Remember that Ford sold Aston Martin a few years ago to a group of Kuwaiti businessmen. Ford still has a minority stake as well as a English businessman.
The Arabs have purchased stakes in Ferrari and Mercedes as well. Our dependency on oil has given them so much liquid cash that they are constantly on a shopping spree. The last I heard is that the Emirati's now own the Chrysler building. What next?

Are you mad as hell and not going to take it anymore?

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fired it up roughly every 30 minutes at the Villa de Este concours last April. Had a long chat with the designer. Had already sold 35cars by then so production was going ahead. The sound was indescribable. An average db9 regular sounds nice, this is just more brutal ... The detailing and carbon work was REALLY excellent.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Zondas are ugly, LFAs are hideous, Veyrons are strange looking, this is just cool.

I mean, it is no DB5, but I like it quite a bit.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
You guys are crazy. Zondas are ugly, LFAs are hideous, Veyrons are strange looking, this is just cool.

I mean, it is no DB5, but I like it quite a bit.

The thing is, if you want a pretty car - really you can stop at a Maserati or Ferrari or a run-of-the-mill Aston (all of which are better looking). At $1 million, you want something unique - which is why these cars are built.

Most of them are dogs. They have spec sheets that look great, but they won't be setting any 'ring records - this is not about performance, it isn't really about luxury, it is about adding another car to your stable of exotics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads