• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask me about Eyewear!

ramsker

Reaction score
1000% agree I'm with you. It's crazy overlooked people wouldn't know good eyewear if it hit them in the face, let alone sat on their face (I tried).

But at the same time I feel like I'm getting killed over here on lens costs for these frames. All the boutique shops around me want to charge $300 for single vision high index lenses. Contemplating taking my frames to Lensabl but I like working with opticians on getting fitted. It's like a getting suit tailored but for your face.
I would recommend Costco for lenses if you are a member.

Eudaimoney

Reaction score
I don’t mean to be rude, but their prices might be good but the quality is terrible. They use mostly polycarbonate lenses and has a noticeable amount of distortion.
Yeah this is the second time I've heard that about Costco. Another person in the industry said Costco has great prices but it is a mid quality lens, some of it is older tech as well.

I have an optician that does great work but it does come at a premium. Considering online lens makers to see if they can also produce a high quality lens but for half the price.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is the second time I've heard that about Costco. Another person in the industry said Costco has great prices but it is a mid quality lens, some of it is older tech as well.

I have an optician that does great work but it does come at a premium. Considering online lens makers to see if they can also produce a high quality lens but for half the price.
That’s the same as buying a custom tailored suit online and taking your own measurements. A well fitted mediocre lens is much better than a high quality lens that is not fitted correctly.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F..k you COVID-19 I was supposed to be in Sydney on Tuesday for the Nackymade trunk show but due to the 14 quarantine imposed on OS travelers from Sunday night it was cancelled. Currently wearing Allied Metal Works It takes me on average six months to find a new pair.

Did consider Masunaga but no anyone know of similar ones to these?
3BB2A5CF-DBD7-4F66-B474-DD67758B6235.jpeg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F..k you COVID-19 I was supposed to be in Sydney on Tuesday for the Nackymade trunk show but due to the 14 quarantine imposed on OS travelers from Sunday night it was cancelled. Currently wearing Allied Metal Works It takes me on average six months to find a new pair.

View attachment 1357000
Matsuda has something similar but with metal temples, I believe. A fun little project during your social distancing, look for “undiscovered” Japanese brands. There are tons. LOL.

Eudaimoney

Reaction score

View attachment 1357000
Yeah this whole thing is insane but dang that sucks Nackymade makes some awesome frames.
JMM also has a similar style pair, not sure if it is available online though (spotted them in a local shop here in the US)

new_to_fashion

Reaction score
My prescription is 6 or 600. Are there any set of rimless or semi rimless eyeglasses ut there for me?

new_to_fashion

Reaction score
Thinnest available plastic lenses. 1.74 is the refractive index. The higher the number, the thinner the lens.
And these are available in high prescriptions like 6.00 and are thing enough to be supported by rimless frames?

I was dreaming about some beautiful rimless lindberg frames and feeling sad that I can't get them.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And these are available in high prescriptions like 6.00 and are thing enough to be supported by rimless frames?

I was dreaming about some beautiful rimless lindberg frames and feeling sad that I can't get them.
-6.00 shouldn’t be a problem as long as the frame is relatively small. +6.00 wont be as aesthetically pleasing but not impossible.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.