• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

ramsker

Reaction score
1000% agree I'm with you. It's crazy overlooked people wouldn't know good eyewear if it hit them in the face, let alone sat on their face (I tried).

But at the same time I feel like I'm getting killed over here on lens costs for these frames. All the boutique shops around me want to charge $300 for single vision high index lenses. Contemplating taking my frames to Lensabl but I like working with opticians on getting fitted. It's like a getting suit tailored but for your face.

I would recommend Costco for lenses if you are a member.

Eudaimoney

Reaction score
I don’t mean to be rude, but their prices might be good but the quality is terrible. They use mostly polycarbonate lenses and has a noticeable amount of distortion.

Yeah this is the second time I've heard that about Costco. Another person in the industry said Costco has great prices but it is a mid quality lens, some of it is older tech as well.

I have an optician that does great work but it does come at a premium. Considering online lens makers to see if they can also produce a high quality lens but for half the price.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is the second time I've heard that about Costco. Another person in the industry said Costco has great prices but it is a mid quality lens, some of it is older tech as well.

I have an optician that does great work but it does come at a premium. Considering online lens makers to see if they can also produce a high quality lens but for half the price.

That’s the same as buying a custom tailored suit online and taking your own measurements. A well fitted mediocre lens is much better than a high quality lens that is not fitted correctly.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F..k you COVID-19 I was supposed to be in Sydney on Tuesday for the Nackymade trunk show but due to the 14 quarantine imposed on OS travelers from Sunday night it was cancelled. Currently wearing Allied Metal Works It takes me on average six months to find a new pair.

Did consider Masunaga but no anyone know of similar ones to these?
3BB2A5CF-DBD7-4F66-B474-DD67758B6235.jpeg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F..k you COVID-19 I was supposed to be in Sydney on Tuesday for the Nackymade trunk show but due to the 14 quarantine imposed on OS travelers from Sunday night it was cancelled. Currently wearing Allied Metal Works It takes me on average six months to find a new pair.

View attachment 1357000
Matsuda has something similar but with metal temples, I believe. A fun little project during your social distancing, look for “undiscovered” Japanese brands. There are tons. LOL.

Eudaimoney

Reaction score

View attachment 1357000

Yeah this whole thing is insane but dang that sucks Nackymade makes some awesome frames.
JMM also has a similar style pair, not sure if it is available online though (spotted them in a local shop here in the US)

new_to_fashion

Reaction score
My prescription is 6 or 600. Are there any set of rimless or semi rimless eyeglasses ut there for me?

new_to_fashion

Reaction score
Thinnest available plastic lenses. 1.74 is the refractive index. The higher the number, the thinner the lens.

And these are available in high prescriptions like 6.00 and are thing enough to be supported by rimless frames?

I was dreaming about some beautiful rimless lindberg frames and feeling sad that I can't get them.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And these are available in high prescriptions like 6.00 and are thing enough to be supported by rimless frames?

I was dreaming about some beautiful rimless lindberg frames and feeling sad that I can't get them.
-6.00 shouldn’t be a problem as long as the frame is relatively small. +6.00 wont be as aesthetically pleasing but not impossible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads