• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

chulajuana

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum, but wanted to ask a quick question.

I recently picked this up on ebay for 100 dollars

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnlhcygLD1r5n48zo1_400.jpg

it's from h&m x Versace 2011 line.

what's your thoughts on it and did i just made a mistake buying it? thanks!

(Disclosure: i've been trying to find a nice cheap shawl collar for a formal event and came across this one and the navy lanvin x h&m collab. if anyone can help me find a nicely priced shawl collar suit that'd be wonderful!)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it was a full suit and depending on how it fit it could be passable. Just don't go wearing it with Diesel jeans and an Ed Hardy T shirt.

Last edited:

scbrooks87

Reaction score
We will see if this is a quick question or not. I can always make a new thread if needed. But here goes!

I am having a suit made for me soon, in a "semi-bespoke" process. I will be professionally measured, and the company takes posture notes, etc... It's a completely custom suit, and I want to be able to tell them what I'm looking for well enough to give myself the best shot at success with this suit.

Basics, I know I want a medium-light grey three piece suit, notch lapel, slim, modern fit. I'd like the vest to also have a notch lapel on it. No cuffs on the pants, no pleats.

I don't know what else the person might ask, but I wanna be prepared, should I have pics of what I like? How does one explain a preferred lapel width? I have no clue what proper terminology is!

Thank you
-Scott

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on Sweater-Suit - go:

Sssssolid.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shot in the dark -- is anyone familiar with Hackett blazers?

I'm not. Although googling < "hacket blazer" site:www.styleforum.net > did turn up many hits. Most of them are presumably worthless, and many of the rest would be For Sale posts, but I suspect somewhere in there might be a review or two.

It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it.  Cotton twill jacket with white buttons.
Well, a glance at the blazers and jackets featured at www.hackett.com does show several blue ones. Most seem to have metal buttons. Of course, replacing them with white buttons would be a fairly trivial matter, and quite affordable for buttons made of non-exotic materials.

I would add that Hackett's online won't ship to the US, nor does the Store Locator list anything in the US. 'Course, finding someone in the UK to act as a proxy for you might well be possible.

Then again, it's really just a slim-fitting blue blazer. It doesn't appear to be unique and remarkable in any obvious way. You could easily buy such a blazer in the US. And again, have white buttons put on it. Just saying, is all. But there's value in being able to try a jacket on before buying it, or to being able to easily return it if it's not quite right.

For that matter, are you even sure the jacket pictured has white buttons? In a photo, metallic buttons reflecting bright light can often appear white. But even if they really are white, swapping out buttons on a jacket is no big deal.

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?

I'm rarely in suit or blazer, so I can get away with buying fused stuff if it fits really well... and since my Hugh & Crye shirts fit me like a glove, I'm strongly tempted to give their navy hopsack blazer a shot. Might be worth a look for you as well.

jdongg

Reaction score
I'm looking for sneakers/shoes to go with black jeans (slim fit, but not skinny). In the spring/summer, I'd probably just wear it with a tee but in the winter I usually wear a grey hoodie under a black jacket.

I'm currently eyeing these Puma Suede Classics: http://www.shop.puma.com/Suede-Classic-Men's-Sneakers/pna352634,en_US,pd.html#!color=01&size=US_7_5 but I'm not sure which color to get. I'm really partial to the Ensign Blue-White and Greenlake-White Swan, nothing too crazy. Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics