• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

docdocgs

Reaction score
@sinnedk if what you say about either the boots or the jacket is true, then you will soon be reading the sad tale of the demise of that/those piece(s) at my harsh and neglectful hand. The seams have already had to endure a bit of stress during the rather demanding stretching/break-in period. And so far my boots look great, although I haven't beaten on them in any meaningful way yet.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@sinnedk
 if what you say about either the boots or the jacket is true, then you will soon be reading the sad tale of the demise of that/those piece(s) at my harsh and neglectful hand. The seams have already had to endure a bit of stress during the rather demanding stretching/break-in period. And so far my boots look great, although I haven't beaten on them in any meaningful way yet.

Friend you can beat those ma+ backzips to hell and they'll be fine. It's the best backzip boot out there. I just prefer them to be clean. If you keep yours dirty they'll just look dirty but one wipe from a cloth win some water and you are good.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Gotcha, looking forward to seeing them age. Both of my bison boots (backzip and moto) are looking great with a little mileage on them, so these should be similar.
And dude, stop buying boots and go get that ma+ biker jacket! You'll love it! Grail up!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gotcha, looking forward to seeing them age. Both of my bison boots (backzip and moto) are looking great with a little mileage on them, so these should be similar. 
And dude, stop buying boots and go get that ma+ biker jacket! You'll love it! Grail up!

yea they will be great...

HA HA re boots, I'm done atm, just lurking and seeing whats coming out. I don't need a leather so ma+ will wait for now, i need to up my tops game hence the shirt questions lately.

Last edited:

the kidcrash

Reaction score
re: SS stuff, local store got some of the Arts & Science stuff and Bergfabel. Also saw some at Universal Lounge. Not really impressed with Berg for the price but the A&S stuff is great.

At least three stores here are stocking Casey Casey this season, I really like the fabrics and cuts.

O's first season (new project by Jan Jan Van Essche) got picked up by a store too, wish I had known last week or I wouldn't have spent so much in Tokyo...
handknit linen tunic looks good, would kop a wide shirt had I the money.

Also liked what I saw from ANSNAM. Didn't care for the LUC or Paul Harnden buys but that's just me probably. Some meh pictures from the store: https://www.facebook.com/Teatro-De-Sale-412980242097474/

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About as close to perfect as can be achieved (for a rumpled linen blazer).

Last edited:

jpc9

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a Layer 0 blazer in sail hemp or the new needle punched wool in size 48 (fits 46), send me a pm. Finally accepted that they're a little too cropped for me
1f622.png

Sail hemp SS15:

Needle punched wool AW15:

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone is looking for a Layer 0 blazer in sail hemp or the new needle punched wool in size 48 (fits 46), send me a pm. Finally accepted that they're a little too cropped for me
1f622.png

How tall are you that these fit cropped as a 48?

Last edited:

anarch

Reaction score
I'm a 48 and have the same sail hemp blazer in size 52. For this model you really should go two sizes up.

jpc9

Reaction score
I guess that's fine if you have the shoulder width and chest size to fit two sizes up. I don't.

Size 48 will fit tts 46, 5'10" or shorter.

Close up of sail hemp:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads