1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

anyone know what the price range is for Taichi and IS long sleeve shirts?

2. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

[​IMG]
    I know his stuff isn't for everybody but I always enjoy wearing my Geoffrey B Small blazer.

Jeans: PRPS Noir

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Any good pickups for SS??

Still can't get behind the tyvek linings for Taichi stuff.
    Individual Sentiments is great, but local stores didn't get the right sizes/fabric combos for me. Given the range of options, this brand is screaming for custom orders.
    Layer-0 is in hiatus as far as local stores go.
    PR Patterson still doesn't have a local stockist.
    The only PH stuff we got in was some those all-silk jackets which are totally cool but not for me.
    Arts + Science is strong as always, but putting out the same stuff as usual. Almost bought a balmacaan collar coat yesterday.
    MA+ and LUC just too expensive.

Anyone buy anything??

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Frank leder bro, it's not exactly the same as above mentioned brands but it works with aesthetic especially since you always do mix cool things you would like it. Schneider is the other IMO.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i guess this means you liked the shirt you just picked up ?

i would say his works are severely under priced, especially considering what ss goes for ...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i really wish devoa just went back to its roots in tailoring instead of experimenting....

or i wish i had more money to buy all the carpe i want off y! jp...like 50k worth.... <_<;;

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I wish devoa was easier to get and had more shit in my sizes

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yea it's nice heavy linen.

I like Schneider cotton a lot.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Also to add i'm trying to get away from Black tops I still prefer dark colors, but I feel greyt for example could be much more interesting than black.

10. docdocgs

docdocgs Senior member

Haven't seen much out there yet. I did pick up a couple of things from the "too expensive" category, although got a great deal on them both, which of course meant I couldn't say no. No pics of the back horse backzips yet, hopefully I'll get some soon. The jacket in size 56 ended up stretching out pretty nicely to fit me. I guess that's a good thing. Amazing leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Quote:Yeah, I'm buying Individual Sentiments custom orders. And whatever Carpe/L'Maltieri that catches my eye and hits the market. Taking a trip down to Melbourne soon, I want to hit Eastern Market and check out their P R Patterson stock.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

MA+ is fantastic shit, i love that biker jacket he makes but read it is a bit fragile. The ma+ horse backzip boots i had for over a year and wore them hard until recently and those held up really well. Just make sure you take care of them in terms of cleaning/brushing, when they get dirty after rain with little drips they look ugly. Those boots are meant to be clean, whereas the L0 you and i discussed can be dragged through the mud and look cool.

13. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Awaiting the UPS driver to relinquish his hold on a 100% linen grey herringbone PH Classic from IF (just came in on Friday). Can't freaking wait.

14. coolron

coolron Senior member

@nicelynice I've picked up a shirt and pair of pants from Frank Leder, no other cops for a while because of non-clothing purchases

@sinnedk Maybe it differs from leather to leather but the biker jacket I have feels incredibly tough, it feels like it would make it through the apocalypse

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so i tried it on as well and think it was fine. but the issues i heard were around the lining and stitching not the actual leather quality. sorry i should of elaborated.

EDIT: also jealous that you have a ma+ biker jacket, which leather do you recommend for it? lined or unlined?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016