• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Erik Ohrstrom at hide-m. I thought this label was basically defunct? Has it come back or was it just hard to find for a long time?

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Erik Ohrstrom at hide-m. I thought this label was basically defunct? Has it come back or was it just hard to find for a long time?
I have not spoken to him in a while but he is a Friend
He ran into some production problems several seasons ago (Late fabric delivery/ screwed over as a small designer outsourcing production etc) and it resulted in some issues with stores and he stepped away for a while

His work was very good and i am happy to see he has managed to return.
this business is no cakewalk and can be a headache sometimes. I am glad to see a really good designer and a genuinely nice guy manage to work out the issues and is producing again.
Holger was always a big supporter of him and his work sold well there.........

newp

Reaction score
Yep, I got the hide-m email too. No matter which hardships the designer experienced, the items are very good. Hope it will stay alive this time.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, I got the hide-m email too. No matter which hardships the designer experienced, the items are very good. Hope it will stay alive this time.

Yes he did excellent work,
Every single designer I know have been through rough times.
the good ones that survive are those willing to endure hardship and not disappear forever, or at least rebound

Sometimes i laugh at the things i see people who never ran a business nor are aware of the complexities of dealing with fashion say....
I am happy for him,
you know GBS and you know his story, you know its not easy in this Biz.
if it were easy a lot of people who were around several years ago would still be around now.

newp

Reaction score
Yes, it's incredibly hard for everyone most of all you have to depend on others willing to support you and everyone has to be strong.
I wish all the best for him!
I am currently not in the best phase of my life finance-wise, so it will be the same for me, waiting for sales. Still, his items are well-deserved to be bought retail.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, it's incredibly hard for everyone most of all you have to depend on others willing to support you and everyone has to be strong.
I wish all the best for him!
I am currently not in the best phase of my life finance-wise, so it will be the same for me, waiting for sales. Still, his items are well-deserved to be bought retail.
hope you are well otherwise, even if not the best financially
Its a somewhat ****** time for everyone. This year has been possibly the worst year for me in a long time inso many ways
Health, Personal/ Business etc. but life has to carry on and as you say.......we have to be strong.
I am going to send him my regards, i am really happy he is back

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BA907B7B-2774-4613-BC5D-7D7DE7D34054.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics