1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior Member

2. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

I sent him a message earlier
    let me see if he replies

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

3. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior Member

Is literally anyone else besides Hide-M stocking IE? Especially some LA/USA types? I got a bit burned last time I bought some trousers (just not into the fit/fabric) but sort of want to check into him again. Perfect black pants quest is always continuing.

4. oulipien

oulipien Distinguished Member

Does Holger take returns? Not that it's a delight to do transatlantic returns, but better than nothing.

5. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior Member

Yeah, I basically just don't want to deal with that sort of shipping, unless it was on FF or something where it's pretty painless for both sides of the party (at least on the front-end).

6. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

I heard back from Erik

for now Hide M is the only stockist. he said he wants to grow very slowly and be exclusive as that was part of the issue the last go round. scaling the business too
    quickly.

He also said a lot of the pieces are similar to older styles with some interesting tweaks and new fabrications.......I will say more later

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

8. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior Member

Are y'all actually excited about IE's return? The previous stuff was nice design and fabric wise, nothing special, and terribly constructed. The full lining was lousy, the sizing inconsistent in a terrible way, the fit awkward, and the buttons may as well have not been sewn on. It was essentially crappier LUC slim pants and slimmer fitting Harnden/CDGjackets in an "artisan", aka rough, fabric. And the price was ridiculous. Naturally, I fell for it at first. This time around we don't even have very interesting fabrics. Just cotton and linen. I'd wait it out to hear how it turned out this round. Or just buy a pair of LUC pants and a Patterson jacket if you don't want to gamble.

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Distinguished Member

idgaf ab IE tbh

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

I always liked IE pants but that’s about it.

11. oulipien

oulipien Distinguished Member

The WINTER50 code at PNP works for a surprising amount of stuff, btw.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

13. newp

newp Senior Member

I am very much happy with my IE coat and would absolutely love to add some pieces to my wardrobe. I am not an expert on coats but lab coat made me winter go-to while IE is my autumn-spring one.

14. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior Member

IE is a pretty good comparison to LUC. However LUC's never made a jacket as cool as mine ;)

The brand's pricing doesn't seem too bad, about $500 for pants? If it was LUC sized, maybe there'd even be enough of a second-hand market for the brand to actually allow for people to experiment. I'd definitely buy more IE if I could.

15. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior Member

Alright artisanal dudes, I need some help. Pants quest has beat me down.

One of my favorite pants at the moment are the Uniqlo EZY jeans. They have pretty much everything I want in pants for a semi-daily driver: black, slim, super stretchy, not denim, elastic waist, belt loops, and internal (NOT external!) draw strings. I'm pretty much looking for exactly the same, but artisanal and not Uniqlo... for reasons. Other pants in my rotation that have a good amount of comfy-wear but still look nice are

A) My Ansnam wool trousers with elastic sides

B) Stampd wool pants with a sweatband style waist

C) Devoa polyester gabardine easy pants

A only fails because I don't always want wool and since it's not a gabardine, it can be a tad rough depending on my mood.

B fails because of a lack of belt loops and because it looks good in a slightly dressier look or that sort of menswear-y vibe where you wear a carcoat, dressy pants, and sneakers

C fails because there's no stretch, no button in front, no belt loops, and an outer drawstring.

I'm willing to go with a less stretchy pant if there isn't really a waistband/it's not rigid like the Devoa stretch jersey jodhpurs which almost feels like a snap bracelet wrapped in stretch jersey.

Zam, Layer-0, and LUC are all on my short list but they seem to never use elastic (Zam used it last season, at least?). Happy to buy from smaller and weirder brands, too, of course.