• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I think breadface might add a nice bit of frivolity to your collections of impressionistic New York street paintings and photographs of Earth Mothers bursting with inner light. Namaste

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think breadface might add a nice bit of frivolity to your collections of impressionistic New York street paintings and photographs of Earth Mothers bursting with inner light.
I missed getting the impressionistic New York street painting. I was too late to the table so to speak. But alas ... I have my eye on a nice Colin Campbell Cooper.

Has Bread Face been graced with a red dot at this point? Or is he still for sale? How much does one ask for 'Bread Face? ... not that I'm buying.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the other hand ... I don't say no to all pieces that might be termed 'contemporary.' I have 30+ pieces by photographer, Elisabeth Sunday.

ElisabethSunday.jpg

ElisabethSunday-1.jpg

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

I missed getting the impressionistic New York street painting. I was too late to the table so to speak.

It's okay, he was still later to Impressionism than you were to the table

Has Bread Face been graced with a red dot at this point? Or is he still for sale? How much does one ask for 'Bread Face? ... not that I'm buying.

I think Saatchi may have bought it. It was the poster and catalog piece for a pretty big survey of contemporary sculpture half a decade ago.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's okay, he was still later to Impressionism than you were to the table
Now that is a line to remember ... expecially next time I'm barganing with a dealer!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think Saatchi may have bought it. It was the poster and catalog piece for a pretty big survey of contemporary sculpture half a decade ago.
Again, too late to the table ... not that I'm truly disappointed this time.

For many years I seriously persued modern art (I have a masters in art history)and kept up with the latest developments. Then one day -- back in the late 80s -- my interest wained. It didn't die, but it seriously wained. It can still draw my interest ... but it takes more than the ordinary to do so.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

For many years I truly persued modern art and kept up with the latest developments. Then one day -- back in the late 80s -- my interest wained. It didn't die, but it seriously wained.

Art got really bad in the 80s. I would've given up too.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I almost gave up on architecture!

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Painted these some time ago- would call them 'studies'. Do mostly figurative stuff. Largish, in the 6' by 5' vicinity. I like Freud and Fischl and more recently Samantha French who's pics of swimmers at the TNC Gallery in NYC right now.

I start with a charcoal sketch and then develop the form and contour from there, building depth very gradually.

this one is a play on the Michelangelo sculptures in the tomb of Juliano de Medici

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to warm up to sculpture.

BTW holy hell is framing expensive. Almost half the cost of the print. :fu:

Philip

Reaction score
installation prices are ridiculous too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads