• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art

Philip

Reaction score

If you're rich enough to have a spare room in your house that you're willing to fill with trash, the price isn't really an issue.

No i mean having my own artworks installed in a gallery.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

I am considering buying one of two pieces. I don't really have space for either, so no consideration there. As an investment the photo collage makes more sense, but that isn't my primary concern.* It is also more expensive. Thoughts?

Got it, finally.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like it. Reminds me of Girl with A Pearl Earring; similar response but with more economy.
I'd opt for the Vermeer were it available. Not that I could afford it.

The Vermeer piece is very small at 17.5" x 15" ... and I infer this piece is relatively large (yes?). Not trying to be bitchy ... but I'd find it hard to look at that piece. It offers -- for my taste -- a tad to much detail to the point it makes me uncomfortable. It's good when art can envoke discomfort in me ... but I can't say I'd want to live with it.

That said, congratulations.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
It's 8" X 12"
I was wrong earlier when I said it was larger.

Last edited:

cimabue

Reaction score
You're in the doghouse, sir, for passing on the New York City picture. :nodding:

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's 8" X 12"
I was wrong earlier when I said it was larger.
That makes a difference. You had me picturing it in 'Chuck Close' size. Now I can understand Cimabue's comparison.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
We have a photo that large in our main living area.
I always think of the Death of Marat but the Vermeer makes sense. In any event, when you see it in person, the grain sized rock in the pupil draws your focus. It's a whimsical piece.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your mention of David's Marat got me to thinking about Madam Recamier ... and that took me to the Magritte piece in Houston:

Magritte_madame-recamier-statue-550.jpg

Last edited:

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are on big graph and chart kick lately. Time for a move to consulting ?

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics