• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you over gingham and flannels

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
There may be an over-abundance, but if you notice they are **** fabric and patterns so it's easy to spot a nice one vs. a ****** Pac Sun one for instance. It's all about the fabric and pattern for me. I'm always in for a flannel or gingham if the pattern/fabric is tight.

I hear you on the fabric. Nice fabric is always a big plus in my book, and I've seen a few patterns I've liked. There was a navy APC one I was liking recently, but I didn't buy it due to lack of money. I'd like to see flannel in a nice solid color for once, like the charcoal epaulet one, just not in the same colorway.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
over flannels? i've been wearing them since the early 90s when they were part of the sk8 culture back then; i personally don't view them as a fashion trend per se.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcus Bouchier
Floral western shirts please!

drool.gif

Buy my stuff

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
over flannels? i've been wearing them since the early 90s when they were part of the sk8 culture back then; i personally don't view them as a fashion trend per se.

you apparently transcend fashion and style

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Why do people only wear plaid shirts and flannel shirts? It's repellent!
+1 Relatedly, RL flannels and gingham have been killing it for quite some time.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
This. It matters!

Plaid is for farmers. Also, flannel as a shirt fabric is for farmers.
Gingham is fine, just keep your blocks small.

Why do people only wear plaid shirts and flannel shirts? It's repellent!

Well hey there. I know of a Schneider flannel from this FW10 season that's probably the best I've seen, you know the one. Far from farmer status there, damn I wish I was able to get my hands on it, that one for example is far from flannel status.

Come to think of it Mauro, make a flannel like the blue check one from Stephan Schneider from this season and I'd instakop as the kids say.

billsayers

Reaction score
Personally, I cannot stand plaid flannels...nothing says "sheep" more than blindly following a trend. Plaid has become so ubiquitous that it reminds me of the striped shirt craze.

Gingham I do not mind and is something I would wear, as long as the pattern is small and does not resemble a country tablecloth.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will never be tired of gingham or tartans, but I would like to see more types of pattern (dots, specifically). I don't really like solids for casual wear unless they're textured.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in a few days I am posting pics of what's on my web site.

A. 3 different colors of a cotton -wool yarn dyed gingham . The fabric is amazing and completely different.

B. a heather blue solid flannel. 100% Japanese Cotton is is soft an yummy.

I am have already picked out polka dot fabrics ranging from really nice to ridiculously nice. Same with Floral.
I love floral prints but didn't know how many guys were into it.
I will post selections of fabric swatches for you guys.

From japan-

Gingham print is coming in 3 different sizes from small to ******* huge. The fabrications are amazing and non- traditional.

The flannels are cool as well. I picked out sooooo many.

I will be doing some plaids and patch work for spring summer. You can look at some of the stuff at

http://wolfvsgoat.com/wvglookbook.html

Best,
mauro

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I agree with that. I am trying to keep an arm's distance from " work wear". The problem for me is I am all over the place and am having a hard time honing in on my selections. I enjoy fashion work wear that is actually sturdy enough to be used as work wear but in the same breath I love wearing suits and formal wear. I am working hard on blending the two together and making it mine.

I think Pictures are in order, soon.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned paisley. Bought a great paisley shirt last spring, and wore it a lot in spring and summer.

As to flannel and gingham, love both, but within moderation. Too much of anything is overkill, but these both seem to be classics.

Wess

Reaction score
Gingham all the way, but only small checks. Big checks are hideous most of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads