• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are you over gingham and flannels

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let me know. There are some really cool flannels and different types of gingham's coming out for spring 11 and Fall 11.
The market is saying the are checking but I am on the fence.
what are your thoughts??

I wanted to make some BD and AD shirts in both to match my collection for fall. Which will be heavy in herringbone , tweed, and heavier winter pima cottons from Kurabo ( more formal fabric not denim, very cool stuff).

Maybe someone would be kind enough to make a poll for me.

Best,
mauro

Peter1

Reaction score
Since you're asking...good quality flannels in classic tartans are never "out" -- they wax and wane in popularity -- but next year I think brighter colored and "exploded" plaids won't be as popular.

Ginghams have some life left in 'em, I think. I plan on buying one or two this spring.

510kut

Reaction score
I never really got into the flannel/gingham, but I do plan on getting a couple of flannels in subdued colors (but thats just my personal taste).

I never liked gingham much.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
No, they broke my heart and I just haven't bounced back yet. Seersucker asked me on a date, but it's just too soon. Maybe this spring/summer...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know how to make a poll.

Not- I feel you.

iotan

Reaction score
I currently am still interested in flannels. I do not buy many of them and they really have to catch my eye, but I do like them. Gingham tends to not interest me.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gingham and flannel are pretty much all I want to wear.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've loved flannels in the past but they're getting a bit too commonplace among the douches of the world.

Gingham is *almost* always classy.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love a good gingham in classic colors, always relevant.

plaid flannels I like if it's a good plaid, but so many are just boring.

Both are classics to some extent that will never go completely out. I keep a couple examples of each in my wardrobe even though I'm more of a solid color shirt guy myself.

Regal

Reaction score
I find myself buying far too many flannel shirts. It's getting a bit old to me, especially when they've become the standard for all teenage emo/skater types.

That said, I still like them, and I think I wear them differently, so I keep buying them.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gingham yes, flannel no

i like ginghams because you can easily throw a hoodie over just as easy as you can slap a tie and blazer on

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 71 18.0%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 129 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 69 17.5%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 27 6.8%