• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jedwards

Reaction score
I have a few, I love them.

But agree with the above, too much emphasis on 'celebrity' of the day.

smartie-pants

Reaction score
The private sale is happening now and you can find 40% off on some pieces. Register online and you'll receive an email link for access and/or just call the NYC store.

MarkinNYC

Reaction score
I looked at a number of high-end options and I think Belstaff is high-quality. I think they have superior stitching to pretty much all other high-end leather jackets I've handled (like Acne, Sandro, Philipp Plein, etc) and better zippers. Their leathers are not plush, but I don't think they are low quality because of it. They don't have the over-treated, plastic feel of cheaper leathers and have nice, natural grain to them. Also, I find their quilting to be some of the best I've seen. However, I wouldn't pay close to $2K for their jackets. I think it becomes decent value at 40-60% discount, and it is not hard to find as Belstaff itself is running that sale and a number of online retailers are matching it.

Costjim

Reaction score
Hi

Please, could anyone tell me what the difference is between the Belstaff Brad jackets that have the corduroy collar to those with just the leather collar? Is the leather collar a spring/summer version? And if so is the leather a lighter weight than the leather on the corduroy one?

Thanks

Jackieboy55

Reaction score
Hi

Please, could anyone tell me what the difference is between the Belstaff Brad jackets that have the corduroy collar to those with just the leather collar? Is the leather collar a spring/summer version? And if so is the leather a lighter weight than the leather on the corduroy one?

Thanks
You nailed it. Leather collar is summerweight while winter is cord. Summerweight leather is thinner, but just as strong. They’re rare, but versatile.

Costjim

Reaction score
You nailed it. Leather collar is summerweight while winter is cord. Summerweight leather is thinner, but just as strong. They’re rare, but versatile.

hi @Jackieboy55

Please, could you help me out with another question, sizing?

I am 6 feet, 206 lbs, and have a 42 inch chest. I am looking at a Brad jacket and don't know which size to get a XL or XXL. my brother-in-law has a large and I can zip it up but it is too tight. Please your opinion

thanks,
Jim

Jackieboy55

Reaction score
hi @Jackieboy55

Please, could you help me out with another question, sizing?

I am 6 feet, 206 lbs, and have a 42 inch chest. I am looking at a Brad jacket and don't know which size to get a XL or XXL. my brother-in-law has a large and I can zip it up but it is too tight. Please your opinion

thanks,
Jim
Definitely XL. Not the XXL. It can be a little snug as it will stretch and conform to you body over time.

Costjim

Reaction score
Definitely XL. Not the XXL. It can be a little snug as it will stretch and conform to you body over time.

Hi @Jackieboy55

Thanks for your help. Please can you help some more?

I am now looking at a Woodbridge jacket in size 54. I hear you about he jacket stretching but I want to be able to wear a hoodie underneath it so I don’t want it super tight. But I don’t want it big and baggy either. So hard when you can’t try it on.

Now one more piece of information about sizing. I just purchased a black nylon with red quilted liner trace master or trail master jacket in xxl. It is too big for me, just a little too baggy. The question is will the Woodbridge fit the same way as the nylon trail master or will it be a tighter fit?

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads