• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, DWR has nothing to do with the GTX membrane. If it's just some spots that are 'wetting out' it should not significantly affect the performance of the garment. If large areas are wetting out, it will lower breathability of the fabric but the membrane should not leak if it's functioning properly. That being said, under conditions of heavy exertion, there will be more interior condensation and clamminess if the fabric wets out since water vapor won't be able to get out as easily.

I agree with cb200, it's really important to make sure the fabric is clean. Wash out any/all detergent/soap residue as this will also inhibit water repellency. Dry under medium heat. Agree, no fabric softeners at all.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This may be interesting to some of you. A friend of mine and his friend recently started a podcast that is Veilance and tech-centric. The latest episode they interviewed Shane Long (designer behind the Haven house brand).
You can catch the pod on most platforms or directly on their website:

There are also reviews and write ups on Veilance items and previews.

henryxiao

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question and wondering if any of you have the experience before...

I'm thinking of buying a Veilance down jacket/coat (node/patrol/monitor) so that I can do layering over a suit jacket in the winter. I wear size M for all veilance LT blazer/coat in summer and fits perfectly, wondering if I should size up to L or XL if I wear a suit inside...?

Thanks very much!!

Jawnpy

Reaction score
Lost my fuckin wallet and would like to replace it.
Anyone selling the Veilance casing card wallets in black (not the bifold)? Might be interested in buying the passport in black as well.

henryxiao

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question and wondering if any of you have the experience before...

I'm thinking of buying a Veilance down jacket/coat (node/patrol/monitor) so that I can do layering over a suit jacket in the winter. I wear size M for all veilance LT blazer/coat in summer and fits perfectly, wondering if I should size up to L or XL if I wear a suit inside...?

Thanks very much!!

To Answer my own question, one size up is enough for a structured jacket with thick shoulder pad. Just got a node and monitor size L and fits perfectly layering jacket.

Jawnpy

Reaction score
Does Veilance offer any other warmer alternative to the Mionn IS for base/midlayer? I know the conduit is an option and wanted to see if anyone knows of any other options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads