• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
recently bought an older Monitor version (the one with the L bicep sleeve) but it was too big. Posted on Reddit and someone said it was fake. Anyone here familiar with circa 2014-2015 ones that can look at pics?

View attachment 1316474View attachment 1316475View attachment 1316476View attachment 1316477View attachment 1316478View attachment 1316479View attachment 1316480View attachment 1316481
I don't have any Veilance gear but I have Arc'teryx shells. Looks OK to me -- but it should be easy for you to examine the quality of construction with the jacket in your hands. Arc'teryx uses very small seam allowances, for example -- looks OK on your coat. Look at seam taping, stitching, etc. Usually knockoffs have clear evidence of poor construction that can be easily discerned in an unlined seam-taped garment.

Last edited:

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the Euler IS recently in Arc'teryx Shanghai and was quite disappointed. Both the coat and jacket versions looked shapeless especially in the upper body/shoulders. I sized down for a slightly better fit. The material also isn't completely waterproof and looks kinda cheap, neither version has a hood. I just don't see any purpose for it.

My Galvanic has been going strong for 4+ years now. I have to say that it's probably my favorite fashion purchase ever. The pockets are extremely convenient for walking around in the city. It's weatherproof and warm enough for harsh winters. The design is perfect, great silhouette and details, goes with everything. The only fault would be that the zipper has become more and more unresponsive over the years but that's replaceable. It's by far my most worn piece of outerwear and still looks and feels the same with minimal maintenance.
RE:Galvanic, this is my exact sentiment as well. Found on nordstrom rack for 400$, and will go down as the my most valued and favorite kop of all time.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any Veilance gear but I have Arc'teryx shells. Looks OK to me -- but it should be easy for you to examine the quality of construction with the jacket in your hands. Arc'teryx uses very small seam allowances, for example -- looks OK on your coat. Look at seam taping, stitching, etc. Usually knockoffs have clear evidence of poor construction that can be easily discerned in an unlined seam-taped garment.
Just heard back from Arc'Terysx and they said it's legit. It has has great detail. Actually wish the newer Monitors still had the L bicep pocket. It's a nice spot to put cards.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
Regarding the Galvanic coat, is there a noticable difference in terms of fit and warmth between the down and IS versions?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Voronoi shorts? Hesitating cuz they look slim and I wanna wear them with non slim outerwear like And Wander or CE. Also don't wanna have to wear a belt if I exercise in them.

I'm also trying to find a light rain jacket for summer hikes. Looks like Arris or Isogon would be my best bet?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.