• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
what's the purpose of kangaroo leather for the soccer cleats?
From our website- “Kangaroo hide consists of fine collagen fibres that are concentrated, highly uniform and run parallel to the surface of the skin. These attributes give it a higher tensile strength than other skins. It's also uniquely airy on account of a thin grain layer and naturally low fat content, in addition to its lack of sweat glands and arrector pili muscles. As a result our boots have a distinctive lightness which enables gracefully agile footwork and unrivalled ball control.”

Football is a pretty big deal for us at Archibald and without bias I can say everyone testing them thought they were the best boots they ever played in. But don't trust us, there is also Maradona and Pele...

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi SF,

We’d like to share a collaboration with you that we're all pretty excited about. I am sure most of you know and love Richard James, and are aware of the unique impact they had on refreshing Savile Row when they burst on to the scenes 27 years ago. They brought a unique, modern approach to a very old street- emphasising colour, cut and design (as opposed to the dusty greys and navy's that had been standard fare) and transforming the suit as we know it today.

We've collaborated on a singularly special t-shirt that we believe pays tribute to both our values and those of Richard James: The Savile Row Tee.

A bit about the t-shirt itself, and what makes it exceptional: Made of the finest Japanese-milled organic cotton, it is hand-stitched at a family-owned factory in Leicester known only to a select few quintessentially British brands, of which Richard James is one. It’s a t-shirt that delivers the quality and craft of a perfectly cut Savile Row suit. Richard James brings their unique understanding of impeccable quality and tailoring to the collaboration, and our unique model means it will be delivered to consumers without the markup that would characterise a product of this kind from an established luxury brand.

And the t-shirt is just the start of something much bigger: Richard James and Archibald are working together on developing a line of ultra-high quality essentials to demonstrate that the best need not be the preserve of the few. In developing that line of essentials, we are hoping we can draw on the expertise of forum users through an open feedback process and develop the ultimate must-haves.

Let us know what you think, or if you have any questions… some pics of the t-shirt and a link below!

Rohan

ak356

Reaction score
Received my cleats. Thought I'd give feedback.

Overall, great customer service, good product, more details below.

I'm a seasoned player, above average, so this will be a more technical review.

Adidas discontinued their Adipure line, which was their kangaroo leather cleat oriented for midfielder. I prefer Adipure line over predator because my foot feels much better in all leather and I have good enough control on the ball that predator skin is not needed. Naturally I'm always on the lookout for kangaroo cleats that can fill that void.

Communications started as soon as I placed the order, I received a total of 3 emails before the article arrived.

I received the item in the carton box. The box came with plastic corner protectors. Needless to say it arrived in perfect condition via express. The shoe color was a little disappointing. It appeared deep red on the website, but was just red. Pictures in this thread show the right color.

Leather feels amazing, inside lining is very very soft. I'm 43.5 and this fit tight, but will stretch just fine. Cleat frame is basic, stitched to the leather. Have simple stud configuration like Mundial. I do prefer Adipure studs because its better for lateral movement, but average player would probably not notice any difference. Btw I have not tried these cleats on the pitch yet.

Leather is reinforced via backing which seems to be fused. Kangaroo leather needs some reinforcement otherwise it overstretches. Overall very thin and I would expect good ball feel. Adipure reinforces via stitching and padding. Pros and cons to either approach.

One other thing I didn't like is that the shoes doesn't taper off in the toe area towards the outer side of the foot. This creates air pocket in that area. That's bad because it reduces ball feel and to removes some kinetic energy when hitting the ball. Because it's towards the outer edge of the foot it's not a deal breaker. But it could be improved.

In summary, I'm happy with the purchase. Will test these for couple months to see how they do.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received my cleats. Thought I'd give feedback.

Overall, great customer service, good product, more details below.

I'm a seasoned player, above average, so this will be a more technical review.

Adidas discontinued their Adipure line, which was their kangaroo leather cleat oriented for midfielder. I prefer Adipure line over predator because my foot feels much better in all leather and I have good enough control on the ball that predator skin is not needed. Naturally I'm always on the lookout for kangaroo cleats that can fill that void.

Communications started as soon as I placed the order, I received a total of 3 emails before the article arrived.

I received the item in the carton box. The box came with plastic corner protectors. Needless to say it arrived in perfect condition via express. The shoe color was a little disappointing. It appeared deep red on the website, but was just red. Pictures in this thread show the right color.

Leather feels amazing, inside lining is very very soft. I'm 43.5 and this fit tight, but will stretch just fine. Cleat frame is basic, stitched to the leather. Have simple stud configuration like Mundial. I do prefer Adipure studs because its better for lateral movement, but average player would probably not notice any difference. Btw I have not tried these cleats on the pitch yet.

Leather is reinforced via backing which seems to be fused. Kangaroo leather needs some reinforcement otherwise it overstretches. Overall very thin and I would expect good ball feel. Adipure reinforces via stitching and padding. Pros and cons to either approach.

One other thing I didn't like is that the shoes doesn't taper off in the toe area towards the outer side of the foot. This creates air pocket in that area. That's bad because it reduces ball feel and to removes some kinetic energy when hitting the ball. Because it's towards the outer edge of the foot it's not a deal breaker. But it could be improved.

In summary, I'm happy with the purchase. Will test these for couple months to see how they do.
Thank you again! Hope to hear some more after you tried them on the field. Keep us updated

Last edited:

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• BC0C9F14-8CAC-4AAC-997A-4BEE815D269B.jpeg
    BC0C9F14-8CAC-4AAC-997A-4BEE815D269B.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 105
  • 826493EA-3ED4-4892-9881-BA978DC1547D.jpeg
    826493EA-3ED4-4892-9881-BA978DC1547D.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 119
  • CE734E78-1422-49C7-95D3-E85E35E3C8C4.jpeg
    CE734E78-1422-49C7-95D3-E85E35E3C8C4.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 929D51B8-795B-4E9D-9220-8A0EDF8EC76F.jpeg
    929D51B8-795B-4E9D-9220-8A0EDF8EC76F.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 163

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
awesome, looks cool.

Gonna order a pair for myself. Wondering how does the free exchange works? Would u gonna include a return label in the shipment? And it applies on all orders right (I live in Canada). Thx!
Sorry my bad, when you request the return we will purchase the postage on your behalf! You can find all the info in the attached section in our website. If you're not sure about the sizing you can send us your measurements and we'll suggest you the best size to order.

Attachments

• B98D3A14-F9AA-4FDF-8D6E-63C173CF562A.jpeg
    B98D3A14-F9AA-4FDF-8D6E-63C173CF562A.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
Sorry my bad, when you request the return we will purchase the postage on your behalf! You can find all the info in the attached section in our website. If you're not sure about the sizing you can send us your measurements and we'll suggest you the best size to order.
It would be the same for Chile? Changes and returns would be covered by you?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It would be the same for Chile? Changes and returns would be covered by you?
Sorry for the delay in replying! Unfortunately, double checking with my logistic team, they told me we can't cover the return of the shoes from all markets (as we don't have the ability to purchase pre-paid international returns) but, surely, we can process the return and or exchange with no added cost. When you request the return from countries where we don't offer free returns such that the cost of posting the return back to the UK or US is not covered by us.

Free returns are available in the United States and United Kingdom

However, given my error we will of course take care of the return cost from Canada in this one particular case.

Last edited:

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• Double-Monkstrap.jpeg
    Double-Monkstrap.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 488

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads