• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC's Jean Touitou tells us how he really feels

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
So true about the Chinease culture, compared to many other's it stinks. Love this guy for speaking the truth!

Nevermind Europe said the same about the US when we were starting to gain power.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Nevermind Europe said the same about the US when we were starting to gain power.

And they were right. It takes time for culture to develop. China jettisoned its native culture for the most part during the Cultural Revolution and now it is at the point where it is importing Western culture in ways that resemble a cargo cult sometimes.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack

And they were right. The cheesburger and casual clothes culture does suck compared to Europe but it's not half as bad as what China has. Who wants to eat whale and dolphin meat or tiger penis for lunch?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tinfoil.gif

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SupeMassivePowerTrip
Isn't it ironic how they choose to produce their clothes in china/macau?

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but I have a bunch of A.P.C. and none of it is produced in third-world countries.

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but I have a bunch of A.P.C. and none of it is produced in third-world countries.

Aren't their jeans made in macau?

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy

I don't really know who makes APC stuff, but what the label say has little meaning to the true origin of the product in today's world.

jussumguy

Reaction score
No culture in China? What a jackass. China has probably been one of the most influential countries in the history of the world. Can't say I'm surprised at the love this guy's comments are getting from this forum.

And funny how he calls them fascists but hates on them for their capitalism.

Tomboys

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Sounds like a poor loser.

Whine Whine. Can't compete. So it's the fault of the big bad Chinese.

+1.

Let's see, he's pissed at the Chinese for buying all the available cotton from Egypt and then marking it up to him thereby increasing his COGS. So, his gameplan to combat this issue is to call the Chinese no-culture fascists. What's the old saying Mr. Touitou? Oh yeah, money talks, bullshit walks. As such, figure out a way to come up with more money or get to "steppin'".

In contrast, he loves India's culture and he has production facilities in Tunisia. BTW, he was born in Tunisia. I wonder if the strong political ties between these two has any bearing on his comments. They sound awfully self-serving to me.

So, my question is, why isn't he pissed at Egypt for selling all their available product to the Chinese? If he was anyone (that mattered), then I'm sure Egypt would be more than happy to sell him all their supply. Seems to me, at the moment, Mr. Touitou has more BS than money.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Originally Posted by jamesbond
And they were right. The cheesburger and casual clothes culture does suck compared to Europe but it's not half as bad as what China has. Who wants to eat whale and dolphin meat or tiger penis for lunch?

If you're going to be a racist, then at least be an educated one. FYI, you're more likely to find whale meat in the EU (Norway, Denmark & Iceland) #1 and Japan #2--based on fishing quotas, than you are in China.
smack.gif

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomboys
+1.
If you're going to be a racist, then at least be an educated one. FYI, you're more likely to find whale meat in the EU (Norway, Denmark & Iceland) #1 and Japan #2--based on fishing quotas, than you are in China.

Not sure how the gastronomic preference's of one's culture correlates to racism? How do the chart's look on tiger penis?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads