• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone watch the Food Network?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I enjoy watching Giada De Laurentis... for.... personal reasons.

Anyway, that's pretty damn cool Mark. I've seen every episode this season, and your friend definitely deserves to be there in the final episode.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K-lo, I like Giada too, but I think it strange that some men find her attractive. She has this slight body, with this huge head, and tiny little t-rex arms. Pretty face though.

Can't stand that pretentious cow Ina Garten though. I remember when I saw that show for the first time, I thought her name was the name of the show, and not actually her name. Does that make sense?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
K-lo, I like Giada too, but I think it strange that some men find her attractive. She has this slight body, with this huge head, and tiny little t-rex arms. Pretty face though.

Don't think my manly needs are so complex. I just like her ****.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Don't think my manly needs are so complex. I just like her ****.

Agree. She has much to offer (good food and great cleavage).

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
Of the winners, I think only Guy Fieri has actually succeeding in breaking through. And that was more his personality than his cooking skill.

**** personality if you ask me. I hate this guy. I hate the way he talks and I hate the way he looks.

crease

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface

+1 on the tiny little t-rex arms. But she's still cute.

I don't know if they still air it, but the Food Network used to have a cool show called The Thirsty Traveller. Basically some dude that travels around the world and samples the local booze.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crease
I don't know if they still air it, but the Food Network used to have a cool show called The Thirsty Traveller. Basically some dude that travels around the world and samples the local booze.
It's on Fine Living now. That guy annoys the piss out of me. Which is a shame because I like it the booze. Speaking of chefs with a lot to offer....Tina Nordstrom.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't watch this show -- I dislike "reality" TV of any kind (Top Chef being one of the ones I can't stand) -- but if I catch it, I'll root for your friend, Mark. Having a watching party must be pretty fun when you know one of the contestants!

Originally Posted by Reggs
**** personality if you ask me. I hate [Guy Fieri]. I hate the way he talks and I hate the way he looks.

I couldn't agree more. I have no idea how he's succeeded. He seems to me like a fat, schmoozy frat boy who never grew up.

samblau

Reaction score
Proud FN viewer,,,current background on my cell phone is a pic of me and Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes...he was serving cake at 2AM at a party in Mansion ( a club in Chelsea...strange night, not typically my scene). I think he was a bit out of his element...very soft spoken, very nice...and he gave me cake.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife likes the show, Next Food Network Star. I'm more of a Good Eats, Iron Chef sort. I've watched it and think Lisa's an interesting participant. A bit too perfect, which is what the judges are trying to get her out of. We'll probably watch the finale on Sunday.

I do miss Nigella Lawson, for . . . personal reasons (LOL, Kwil). Giada doesn't quite do it for me, but I agree about the rack.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
My wife likes the show, Next Food Network Star. I'm more of a Good Eats, Iron Chef sort. I've watched it and think Lisa's an interesting participant. A bit too perfect, which is what the judges are trying to get her out of. We'll probably watch the finale on Sunday.

I do miss Nigella Lawson, for . . . personal reasons (LOL, Kwil). Giada doesn't quite do it for me, but I agree about the rack.

LOL. Yeah, she's pretty polarizing. You should read some of the blog entries on their website. People who hate her really HATE her. Anyway, I'm not sure I think the judges are trying to get rid of her. I think Bobby thinks she's the best one. I think the two producers are worried about her connecting to "Henrietta Housewife" or whatever. We'll see what happens.

She's getting a lot of press in Dallas this week with the finals up on Monday. She was on the front page of the weekend section of yesterday's Dallas Morning News and on the cover of today's "Quick" which is DMN's tabloid aimed at younger readers. D Magazine's food blog has pretty much been tracking each episode.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
I miss Nigella for personal reasons, also. Her diction was stunning.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Mark, hope your friend wins. G'luck to her.

Giada: bobble head. The same mouth as the animated sheep for Certa or the "Gromet" cartoons. Gay husband. 'nuff said.

Nigella: used to be a sexy, fleshy English vixen. Now fat middle aged lady.

Good Eats: jumped the shark.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads