• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone liking Vintage Car Designs better than modern?

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Mint vintage Europeans and sometimes American cars always get me. There's a mint Datsun mini truck in my neighborhood in a mustard yellow color with mirror hub caps that always captivates me. One of these days I will do a full-on resto.

Yeah, every once in a while I'll see an unusual '60s or '70s car that is in beautiful condition--something that would have been a regular old grocery-getter back then. It's cool to see someone bring something like that back from the dead. I've got to think those kinds of cars are labors of love, because even in pristine shape most of them aren't worth much of anything, really.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jarandas
I love that car, and it´s exclusive, Bentley only made 550 units.

Unlike the Continental, which is as common as a Volkswagen Golf.

Buying one would help you with that money issue you mention being discussed in the other thread
biggrin.gif
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=770812

Jarandas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Buying one would help you with that money issue you mention being discussed in the other thread
biggrin.gif

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=770812

hehehe, you´re right!

Buying, insuring and mantaining that thing could eat a lot of that money!

A friend told me that you should only buy a Ferrari if you could afford to buy three... that´s how expensive they are on the long run.

In this case, it´s probably the same.

fcral1

Reaction score
I love vintage cars.

Currently got a Matra Djet 6 (but in blue) as well as a few others
bounce2.gif

dj-side.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I rarely drive and my car spends more time in the underground garrage I've been considering more and more lately getting something a little more vintage since I don't need to rely on it day to day. Why get a new 4 door with warranty that is only going to run out before any major issues hit when I can get an old M5 (early 90s) or something not-so-classic-yet like that. Tell me this isn't awsome... especially when compared to a new 4 door of similar price. You could probably only get a Mazda 6 for that price.
06.jpg

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Tell me this isn't awsome... especially when compared to a new 4 door of similar price. You could probably only get a Mazda 6 for that price.

Love the E34 M5. A neighbor had one, and though I didn't agree with it's Imola Red/gold BBS color scheme, it was very nice. He traded it in for a Mini Cooper S.
plain.gif

I've often thought of getting an E28 or E34 M5 myself, as I love the M-division's Inline-6s.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
I've often thought of getting an E28 or E34 M5 myself, as I love the M-division's Inline-6s.
Would like one of these myself; it would look nice next to the XJ-S.
2571481165_1.jpg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
That is a fine example of an M6. Nice find.
A fine example of my Google Image skillz, I grant you. I'm not sure I'll ever get one -- were I to look at a 'classic' BMW, it would be an M6 or an 8-series. I wonder about getting a number of 'modest' cool cars that run in the $10k range (with the concomittant maintenance/safety nightmares), or merely focusing on getting the one car that defines all my automotive lust: a DB9. I say this in shock that these options are realistic. ~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads