• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone in Arkansas? (Seriously!)

TwoBiscuits

Reaction score
Hi, lurked for a bit, just joined and this is my first post. I read over and over (and over) again how so many folks buy stuff off the rack and then 'get it tailored.' This sounds like a great approach... if you have access to a tailor. I've been looking high and low locally (Little Rock) for a tailor/alterations person/seamstress/what-have-you that understands this approach, and I have had zero luck. Tried a few folks, and the best job anyone did was 'okay.' So... anyone else on here from AR and know of someone who can do the sort of work so many posters describe? In Little Rock or nearby ideally, but I'd be interested in hearing about anyone, anywhere in the state... Thanks! Really been enjoying the forum so far!

deerabbi

Reaction score
There are many alteration shops in little rock and NLR. Google it they just about all can fit a shirt or pant suit, dress etc. Men and women do it daily in little rock. What word are you using to search? Alterations is the best keyword.

TwoBiscuits

Reaction score
Hi guys, and thanks for the replies. As for Google, I have actually heard of that... and even tried it. Curious thing about Google, sometimes it returns a bazillion results. I don't even own enough garments to try every alterations place Google spits out, so I was just wondering if there was anyone who'd already found a place he liked. As for Bauman's, great suggestion, but not really for me, simply because I don't spend that kind of money on clothes. Also, I recently had a phone conversation with someone there (I think maybe the owner) who made it clear they are not in the outside-alterations business. So... what I'm looking for is someone independent, so I can shop anywhere. Or, also I accept charity, so that maybe one day I can shop at Bauman's :)

Last thing: since I posted this, an acquaintance of mind told me there's a tailor from Memphis who comes through a few times a year (and I believe the tailor is from Hong Kong). Naturally, he doesn't know how to reach this fellow. If this rings any bells, love to hear about it. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads