• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a SAB "Golf" umbrella

Mathew J

Reaction score
and if so how do you like it? specifically the 27" size?

Was considering one of these as they are a bit more affordable then a standard SAB thanks

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one I got from Howard Yount. Very sturdy and good-looking, but not quite as "elegant" as the stick ones.

glowell222

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
and if so how do you like it? specifically the 27" size?

Was considering one of these as they are a bit more affordable then a standard SAB thanks

I have a 27" golf. It is the perfect size, and since it is a tartan, I can always find it in the stand. Do yourself a favor and grab one.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes - I usually use it when I need an umbrella for two. My wife wouldn't touch it, she says it's too big and heavy for her to use.

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by glowell222
I have a 27" golf. It is the perfect size, and since it is a tartan, I can always find it in the stand. Do yourself a favor and grab one.

Thanks, I checked HY site and they only seem to have one now, I don't really care if it is as elegant as the stick one so long as it is good quality for what it is.

Thanks again and if anyone has any images that would be great.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of my 2 SAB's. One is a golfer 27", and the other a 25". I use the golfer more and I haven't yet had difficulties with the wind.

DSC_0385a.jpg

DSC_0384a.jpg

DSC_0387a.jpg

DSC_0392a.jpg

DSC_0391a.jpg

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
Here's a few pictures of my 2 SAB's. One is a golfer 27", and the other a 25". I use the golfer more and I haven't yet had difficulties with the wind.

DSC_0385a.jpg

DSC_0384a.jpg

DSC_0387a.jpg

DSC_0392a.jpg

DSC_0391a.jpg

Looks nice, most likely the color I would get too, thanks

Lucy J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
Looks nice, most likely the color I would get too, thanks

I live in Brighton on the south coast of England and had a Brigg golfer for three years or so which was fantastic until we had the most terrific storm last November - I posted about it then and here's that post below - since then I have bought another Brigg golfer which is still intact, as is my traditional cherry brigg which I have had about six years....

And so it came to pass that the double-ribbed Brigg golfer was defeated by probably the worst storm in the past two or three years on Saturday 14 November. It was a ferociously windy day, and I was walking to a restaurant on the seafront to meet a girlfriend for lunch. I was about half way to the restaurant when the heavens literally opened, and so, despite the stormy gusts, I opened the Brigg for shelter. As I walked down the side street towards the seafront the wind grew more and more intense, and I was battling to make progress against it. About 50 yards from the front the wind just got completely insane and blew me to a complete halt. I stood there for about 30 seconds, waiting for the wind to calm down but in fact the opposite happened and I began to be blown backwards - I tried to stand my ground, with the Brigg as a shield but the frame couldnt take any more and just collapsed around me. I took shelter in a doorway, trying to repair the Brigg, but the frame had been completely buckled and four pairs of ribs had snapped. After about 5 minutes the wind had relented enough for me to walk to the restaurant, drenched, to find my friend there - also drenched as her clear plastic dome umbrella had also been completely torn apart! According to the local news, the lunchtime storm had mean winds of almost 50mph and gusts to over 70mph!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads