• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CommercialDoc
Who are the grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore your reccomend?

zeetan (timecollectors) in KL
Sean (timephilosophy) in Singapore

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
zeetan (timecollectors) in KL
Sean (timephilosophy) in Singapore

I assume prices are negotiable? Prestigetime throws in at least a little discount if you try.

Kaizen

Reaction score
Another satisfied Zeetan customer here. I bought a Chronoswiss Delphis from him last year.

A good place to get reviews on watch-sellers is at http://www.watchnet.com/. Click on the 'Good Guys' tab and search away.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CommercialDoc
I assume prices are negotiable? Prestigetime throws in at least a little discount if you try.

zeetan rarely if ever further discounts his watches, unless he is trying to clear them out. His prices are usually low enough that even with a discount from prestige, he will still be lower. Also, you'll get a manufacturers warranty from him.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience, both will give you an extra discount but that's mostly to be a good sport. The size of the additional discount is very small

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
In my experience, both will give you an extra discount but that's mostly to be a good sport. The size of the additional discount is very small

so zeetan ripped me of??????
smile.gif
smile.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
so zeetan ripped me of??????
smile.gif
smile.gif

By $50 maybe...

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
When i was shopping for my IWC I called prestige, they did not have the model I wanted and I was not going to get anything but that one, they spoke with me and answered all my questions knowing full well they would not sell a watch to me that day.

Very nice people from what I could tell. As so many others have already said, I too would have no problem buying from them.

camon999

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
They are a legitmate seller, never heard of any bad experiences with them. Their prices are lower because they are a grey market dealer, they get their watches from authorized dealers (dealers get the watches at 50% retail for most brands), they work on a lower margin or in a broker capacity and they do not offer manufacturer warranties. Many grey market dealers offer the manufacturer warranty so prestigetime is actually a bit behind the game. Malaysia and Singapore are the cheapest places in the world to buy a watch. I know of two very good/very reputable Malaysian grey market dealers that give unbeatable prices and the manufacturer warranty.

edit: On most ETA movement watches (Omega, Breitling etc), I wouldn't care about a manufacturer warranty versus a dealers warranty as those watches can be fixed by a trained monkey. For the JLC or the other higher end brands, I'd probably want the manufacturer warranty.

Hi Mr. Edmorel,

If it's not too much trouble, can you refer their contacts to me? I reside in Malaysia and I am shopping for an Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono. THanks!

Best Regards,
Camon

camon999

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone from Malaysia bought from prestigetime.com before? Any problems with the local customs?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have bought 3 Omegas from Wayne at Graystone in the last few weeks. Incredible quality, prices and service. Feel free to use my name. http://www.graystoneltd.com/

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three now ?
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads