• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else obsessed with fresh made iced tea?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
do you like arnold palmers??

no

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Green teat + sugar + honey + lemon + ice = my perfect ice tea.

I drink by itself also, usually a cup after lunch everyday. That's how I keep my model figure.
teacha.gif

there is entirely too much going on there..

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
do you like arnold palmers??

It doesn't do anything for me, but my gf's dad lives on it. He eats most of his meals with an arnold palmer.

James Gatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
Haha. If you can figure out a way to deep fry sweet tea, you will become the richest man in the world and the patron saint of the American South.

Paging Wiley Dufresne...

I make cold-brewed iced tea all the time. Put 8-10 teaspoons of tea in a gallon bottle, add cold water and stick it in the fridge. In the morning strain or take out the bags and you're good to go. Amazing iced tea and a cinch to make. It keeps about a week in the fridge, but now that we're in July, will it really take that long to drink it?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Gatz
Paging Wiley Dufresne...

I make cold-brewed iced tea all the time. Put 8-10 teaspoons of tea in a gallon bottle, add cold water and stick it in the fridge. In the morning strain or take out the bags and you're good to go. Amazing iced tea and a cinch to make. It keeps about a week in the fridge, but now that we're in July, will it really take that long to drink it?

Yup. I use half gallon jugs, and I am lucky if it lasts me through the day. Basically I just brew a jug before going to sleep - takes about 15 seconds not including boiling the water.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
no there is entirely too much going on there..
Ha! Just caught that one now. I must've been thinking about bewbies when I wrote that. In any case, having my usual afternoon tea. I feel sleepy--not sure because of the tea or the pound of roast pork and rice I just had for lunch. Must find an empty office...
dozingoff.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
<3 iced tea. Boiled bag or sunbrew only. The cold brew never comes out good.

Whenever someone gives me a box of bagged tea, I just use it to make iced.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to highly recommend the Hamilton Beach Iced Tea maker: http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach.../dp/B00008VSCO The steps are simple: you fill the basin with water, place a number of tea bags in the top section (I typically put 4 but you can brew up to 6), slide the pitcher into the receptacle and push the button. In ten minutes you have fresh brewed tea. I then throw the pitcher in the fridge and in the morning, I've got delicious, healthy caffeine. I really love coffee but best enjoy the beverage when I can enjoy a strong cup and relax - i.e. not slurping it as fuel in the morning. I put the tea in a thermos and bring it to the office - it cools the body temperature a little and gives you a morning perk. It's also delicious. I use tea bags but you can use loose tea. But I typically combine green and black, different flavors, etc. And yes, you can achieve everything that this does with a kettle, but this is 10X more convenient.

BP348

Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky as I'm in South Texas. Sun tea all the way. No sugar maybe a little lime

Last few weeks I've gotten away from drinking coffee so I'm going to have to try that Irish Black tea.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I make it all the time with loose Green Jasmine or Earl Grey. A little sugar with the EG to accentuate the bergamot, none with the Jasmine. Make a concentrate and dilute to taste. When I get lazy I go for the glass bottled Honest Tea (Moroccan Mint, usually).

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im obsessed with regular tea i guess
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Chasing my rye (neat, splash of water) with some green iced tea.
kinda gay dont you think

Droog

Reaction score
Iced tea is my constant non-alcohol beverage all year round. A gallon+ of water with five bags of black tea and five of fruit tea. Boil, throw in the bags, and let it cool in the open pot. The air softens the tannins.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I make it all the time with loose Green Jasmine or Earl Grey. A little sugar with the EG to accentuate the bergamot, none with the Jasmine. Make a concentrate and dilute to taste. When I get lazy I go for the glass bottled Honest Tea (Moroccan Mint, usually).

Interestingly enough - I used to not like Earl Grey, but now that I don't put any sugar in my tea, I love it. Well, I also found a few brands that make the really good stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads