• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else hate dark denim? Recommend good light denim here!

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I think NOBD's jeans are mainly APC's that have been through the washer a few times.

Personally I dislike 'distressed' jeans - the distressing rarely looks like the person wearing them could possibly have produced fading in those specific places.

I agree that most distressed jeans look tacky and ridiculous. The good examples look very natural and exactly how you would expect jeans to look after some realistic wear. I don't like the look of crunchy/stiff raw denim personally, and wouldn't want to put up with weeks or months of that before my jeans are presentable.

Beaune Head

Reaction score
Nom de Guerre makes some very comfortable jeans in light colors. I have a khaki pair and an 'olive' (really more like light gray) pair. Oi Polloi and Stel's carry them.

Having said that, my go-to jeans are Pure Blue Japans that I have painstakingly broken in over a period of years. They started out plenty stiff, but there's a price to pay for something unique...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very picky about jeans. As a matter of fact, so picky that I have 50 pair all folded up, and none get worn. When I find a pair I like, I wear them to death...literally until they fall apart. Last great pair I had was a light colored pair of boot cut Lucky Brand I bought about 4 years ago. I know Lucky is about as well received here as square toed Kenneth Cole shoes, but they were like a second skin. I developed a small tear in the knee...which my toe found when putting them on. Ripped them wide open. I almost cried.
lol8[1].gif

I wish I could find some comfortable jeans.

Mike

mrpoizun

Reaction score
Come on. If you can't find comfortable jeans, you aren't trying. There's probably literally a million different brands. And any that are pre-faded are going to be comfortable in feel if not in fit.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
my Citizens of Humanity jeans are the perfect true blue pair, medium blue, lightly distressed and look like a million bucks with almost anything.

Even better since I snagged them from Barneys for $59 on sale :)

+1 on COH's. I have a pair and most comfortable jeans Ive.

I do want to say that I prefer and love dark jeans over med-light blue. I actually dont like light blue jeans

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpoizun
Come on. If you can't find comfortable jeans, you aren't trying. There's probably literally a million different brands. And any that are pre-faded are going to be comfortable in feel if not in fit.

Fit is what I am talking about.

Mike

mrpoizun

Reaction score
Well then, you've got loose, relaxed and I don't know how many other fat fits, or you've got regular, slim, super slim or shrink to fit...... What type of body do you have that none of these are comfortable?
If you want opinions without any idea if they will be helpful, I think regular fit jeans are the best for practically everyone. They're more likely to fit decently without being too tight or loose in any one area, and they usually aren't so low rise that they show your asscrack every time you bend at the waist (not to mention making you look like you mugged Britney Spears for her jeans........).
To get back to the original post, you're better off to have several pair of jeans in rotation, from the new dark ones to the medium perfectly whiskered ones, to the practically white ones. Faded jeans look a lot better if they have been worn since they were dark.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads