• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Else Grab These

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lor=Brown#null

during the BB Sale? I got my Navy ones a few days ago, and am waiting for the light brown. I feel they run a little big, how bout you guys? My light browns are on backorder until March, and I was thinking I may go down half a size. With the navy ones I may get a Vibram sole put on for a nice casual look...the shoes would then become slightly smaller when the new sole is stitched on. Thoughts? Anyone know the maker?

ndw

Reaction score
I tried them on in store and wasn't really feeling them for me. The last was a lil too rounded - I like a slightly more chiseled toe.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
I tried them on in store and wasn't really feeling them for me. The last was a lil too rounded - I like a slightly more chiseled toe.

I'm the opposite. I don't think the chiseled toe looks so great with the pants I wear. These will pretty much be used only as casual, especially once the white Vibrams go on. The idea was stolen from my upstairs neighbor who did this to his Clarks, and I think it looks cool...unique.

How did you feel they were sized, TTS or a half size big?

ndw

Reaction score
I thought they ran slightly big. I actually had a pair on hold, and I did like them, but they weren't on sale and the store only had two colors in stock - so I decided it against it at the last min. Funny enough, I thought to myself I could just get some desert boots instead for less dough (still haven't though) and ended up getting the chukkas will has at ASW
laugh.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
I thought they ran slightly big. I actually had a pair on hold, and I did like them, but they weren't on sale and the store only had two colors in stock - so I decided it against it at the last min. Funny enough, I thought to myself I could just get some desert boots instead for less dough (still haven't though) and ended up getting the chukkas will has at ASW
laugh.gif

LOL, it does suck to be us sometimes...
biggrin.gif

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Got a pair of dark brown. Took them THREE MONTHS to get them to me. Twice they "shipped" but then realized they didn't. Once they sent me the wrong pair of shoes. Finally after a long wait I got em.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
I think they run slightly large. I don't know if it's a half size. Seems less to me. Make sure to post pictures when you change the soles. I'd like to see that.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
How wide do these run? I picked up these since I have a G/EEE width foot but would consider the Peal and Co if they'd fit since I can get them locally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads