• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any tips to maintain a good body

PeterMinkoff

Reaction score
I struggled with weight loss for a long time. My key to maintaining good figure is mix of regular exercise (at home or at the gym) and a healthy diet. I also like to keep my diet rich in protein. It's great for muscle building. But nothing really matters if you lack motivation. I actually wrote an article about it:

http://certainlyher.com/weight-loss-journey-motivation-matters/

Jeremiah Say

Reaction score
how much belly fat did you lose with this? I am still waiting for my exercise regimen to hit my belly fat so I'd be interested in adding fasting if it helps target that area

Intermittent fasting helps more than just the mid section for me. I wouldn't know exactly how much belly fat I lose with fasting because I don't have a weighing machine that does and calculate all the masses for you. I know fasting works because I look myself in the mirror everyday now and I thank God for it.

I honestly wouldn't say the same without fasting especially when I don't do much cardio these days.

You can definitely start now instead of waiting for your exercise regimen to hit your belly fat.

Share with me your progression when you're into it. Am excited to see what you have to say about intermittent fasting.

stylish_raven

Reaction score
Intermittent fasting helps more than just the mid section for me. I wouldn't know exactly how much belly fat I lose with fasting because I don't have a weighing machine that does and calculate all the masses for you. I know fasting works because I look myself in the mirror everyday now and I thank God for it.

I honestly wouldn't say the same without fasting especially when I don't do much cardio these days.

You can definitely start now instead of waiting for your exercise regimen to hit your belly fat.

Share with me your progression when you're into it. Am excited to see what you have to say about intermittent fasting.
fasting can help with diet adherence. track your macros as well and strength train 3 times a week fullbody

SlickEsq

Reaction score
Diet is always the most important thing in maintaining a good body. The old adage is that you can't exercise off a bad diet. That statement is 100% true if you want to keep a healthy, good looking body. Maintenance of a healthy diet doesn't take much more than staying disciplined enough to quitting certain things such as sodas and processed food, and controlling/eliminating your intake of refined and processed carbohydrates and saturated and trans fats.

Youtube is your friend if you want to learn more about maintaining a solid diet and exercise routines

What's the problem with red meat?
Absolutely nothing.

stylish_raven

Reaction score
truth bombs right there. Train smart but eath healthy, progressive overload and a 90% clean diet works great.

Diet is always the most important thing in maintaining a good body. The old adage is that you can't exercise off a bad diet. That statement is 100% true if you want to keep a healthy, good looking body. Maintenance of a healthy diet doesn't take much more than staying disciplined enough to quitting certain things such as sodas and processed food, and controlling/eliminating your intake of refined and processed carbohydrates and saturated and trans fats.

Youtube is your friend if you want to learn more about maintaining a solid diet and exercise routines

Absolutely nothing.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elimination of wasted calories is a big factor to getting a healthy life. So no chips; no soda; moderation is key.

Then just being active at least 2x a week and making adjustments here and there on habits: eating off of a smaller plate; not getting extra stuff; etc.

Accountability and being realistic to yourself will keep you going.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads