• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Richard Anderson customers?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RJman, I was just getting used to Keith ... then here comes Omar (or if you prefer ... Michael Demitri Shalhoub).

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
RJman, I was just getting used to Keith ... then here comes Omar (or if you prefer ... Michael Demitri Shalhoub).

"You're talking about a poor girl who's lost her memory..."

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Did you like what you got? I'm thinking of something along those lines, but for actual riding.

- B

i did like what i got - there were some fit issues that were tidied up on the first coat but certainly pleased enough that i ended up ordering another a few weeks after the first was completed.

i am sure you of all people dont need this pointed out but it really is a huge departure from the sensibilities of your current tailor. Aesthetically, physically, conceptually - its just totally different and this has a tangible impact on the wearability of the garment...not better or worse just different.

Personally, i find that i feel much 'sharper' when i wear RA's things. I feel like i am making a confident, assertive declaration of my intention (whatever they may be
smile.gif
). With ED, i feel less overt and more reserved - again, not in any type of bad way. When i have a business meeting that involves meeting with seasoned bank execs for the first time, I tend to feel more comfortable wearing ED's garments. If I feel comfortable enough in the setting to wear whatever I want I tend to wear RA. Note, the latter does include business settings as well just not necessarily in the same context as the former (i.e. its not as if the RA stuff is not conservative enough for business). The RA stuff is absolutely, positively more fitted than my ED clothing but I consider that part and parcel of the overall aesthetics of both styles. I tend to think all of my feelings on the two are driven by the inherent differences between the drape and hacking style that i purposefully chose and that these differences would still be there if i had chosen other representative tailors as well (e.g. Huntsman and A&S).

As to how they would be for actual riding purposes I can only comment on functional/comfort levels when riding in cabs
smile.gif

I am certainly no expert but to my untrained eye the make of the RA stuff seems to be of very, very high quality...of course, that comes with the appropriate premium also.

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

Some at SF may feel this exhibits an inconsistency of style ... but that worries me not. I achieve a definite consistency in other ways. Why just yesterday a good friend told me about so-and-so who was wearing a tweed that had my name on it. Obviously I have a consistency of style or I wouldn't hear such things.

I agree - i know that there are many (outside of SF also) that believe style can only be achieved through a certain demonstrated consistency...I just dont personally adhere to this. why would I want to limit myself and the different feelings i can bring out in myself simply by choosing to wear various styles. moreover, i think it is quite reasonable to think that one can make elegant choices across a multitude of styles and still be recognized as having that certain 'something' that inherently exudes charm/style/elegance/etc.

I am willing to limit myself to one woman....but one tailor - i feel that would be much harder!

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great thread. I may have to get my hands on the RA book. And I really would love to hear from H on how they are doing things today and their view of the comments in RA's book. I have been very impressed with my dealings with them so far, but that is no substitute for a final product, which is still a ways off.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Great thread. I may have to get my hands on the RA book. And I really would love to hear from H on how they are doing things today and their view of the comments in RA's book. I have been very impressed with my dealings with them so far, but that is no substitute for a final product, which is still a ways off.

When I went there to have my first fitting , I was freely talking to Johnny Allen about their neighbours in general and Richard Anderson in particular and his response was that Richard was one of them .

He didn't go on about him but I didn't notice any bitterness in his conversation...
Huntsman guys do not slag their neighbours off .

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
When I went there to have my first fitting , I was freely talking to Johnny Allen about their neighbours in general and Richard Anderson in particular and his response was that Richard was one of them .

He didn't go on about him but I didn't notice any bitterness in his conversation...
Huntsman guys do not slag their neighbours off.

It seems to me that in his book, Richard is mostly critical of Bargeman (and his inside informant, Swift) ... who used Huntsman as a toy from 1999 to 2004 ... and simultaneously did much damage to the firm. He has only best wishes for the new owners.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Well, I've tipped-off RA ... but they have not responded.

You note "good thread" ... there is something about a current Rubinacci thread that is drawing me ... perhaps a soft spot for that soft tailoring. Damn they make beautiful clothing. But the distance!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Well, I've tipped-off RA ... but they have not responded.

You note "good thread" ... there is something about a current Rubinacci thread that is drawing me ... perhaps a soft spot for that soft tailoring. Damn they make beautiful clothing. But the distance!

Its well worth the effort. They visit NYC...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Its well worth the effort. They visit NYC...
Yes, yes ... just push me a little harder ... as if you're pictures weren't doing it already.

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

+1...there is something seductive about all of the damn elegant curves on the rubinacci stuff on here. It doesn't hurt that there are some customers on here with discerning tastes that are probably showing the stuff off advantageously....bastards

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alebrady
+1...there is something seductive about all of the damn elegant curves on the rubinacci stuff on here. It doesn't hurt that there are some customers on here with discerning tastes that are probably showing the stuff off advantageously....bastards

[gdl]there are?[/gdl]

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RJman;2582133 said:
[gdl]there are?[/gdl][/QUO

I hope he is not talking of Nick Foulkes with Mariano in their Empire office.

Rubinacci is doing lovely suits and you like what you're seeing , just go for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads