• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

agoldf

Reaction score

I love the Talisker. Curious to hear how the Longmorn is. Longrow recently released a red wine casked scotch...its around $75 at Canal's (who I find have the best prices). I'm sure if this were aroudn even just last year it'd be closer to $50, but at that price I'm not sure I'd want to gamble on a bottle.

Did some more dusty hunting yesterday in Jersey...found some cool stuff, most of which I look fwd to drinking.

IMG_8279_zps21864e12.jpg

IMG_8280_zps257806c8.jpg

IMG_8281_zps19dc8fd0.jpg

IMG_8282_zps6e4d97c8.jpg

I really look forward to the Astar and the CI, and I'll be doing a side by side of the Mortlach with the 16 year old F&F.

This one I'm prob going to try and trade with another collector for some nice bourbon or rye (or maybe a Scotch I'll drink, as I'm not keen on Bowmore)

IMG_8285_zpsabc8199c.jpg

the GM Mortlach 15 is not like the ff16.

Last edited:

agoldf

Reaction score
The Mortlach FF16. Selling out really quickly, I know I took the last bottles from a few vendors. :devil:
TWE just posted more though.
If you want a taste and are in brooklyn....[/quote]

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any more opinions please guys?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hmmm ok so as you guys probably remember I'm just starting out and want to check off a few major buckets...

What I own is Ardbeg 10, Laphroig QC, Lagavulen 16, Macallen 12, and HP12. So I have mostly Islays, one highlands and I don't know what else.

I'm on NYC for the week and went past Astors to check selection. Here's what I'm thinking and would like some advice (going to pick 1-2).

talisker 10 $65 (islands),
auchentoshan 12 $46 (lowlands) or glenkitchi 12 $52?
Cragganmore 12 $55 (Speyside)
Otherwise there were a few others that caught my eyes like Bunnahabhain, Jura superstition, Glenfiddich 15, Cardhu 12, and the guy (Steve) recommended Dalwhinnie.

What do you guys think? Of picking 1-2 with the goal of rounding things out? Also of like to keep it around $50-75ish since its a blind buy do nothing $100+

Of the ones you've mentioned I would get Bunnahabhain and Talisker, especially if you like salt/smoke. They do not deviate greatly from Lagavulin, but talisker is spicier and Bunnahabhain is smokier.

Aberlour A'bunadh is a great speyside if you are looking for more variety out of that area.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I felt like I was missing something with the Bunnahabhain 12. It was smokey, but had a different note from "peat." Can't see myself going for it again.

Oksu

Reaction score
I felt like I was missing something with the Bunnahabhain 12. It was smokey, but had a different note from "peat." Can't see myself going for it again.

Bunnahabhain 12 did little for me, and you are correct to recognize that the prominent flavor is smoke and that indeed there is little peat to be featured. Happy to have tried, of course, but not something I would restock.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No it's not the same, the FF is much more full, but its close enough...in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if the G&M is the same juice just taken out of the barrel and bottled a year earlier, its that similar.

I'm assuming you guys have read K&L's write up comparing a number of different independent bottlings of Mortlach?

Also, I couldn't deal with missing out again and put in an order for two F&F 16s and a couple other bottles. Thankfully the Exchange lets one order two bottles of the F&F now; last time they had it in stock, the limit was one.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's some good scotches not available in the us? i think i might also get some off of whiskey exchange

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cracked open an oldie I had from before I really enjoyed Scotch. Had a GM10 for about a decade (basically to give my dad something to drink when he came over)...its really nice, though the nose is a little "off".

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this last night. A bit harsh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads