• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Maryland for a wedding, just stopped in to the liquor store killing time and found Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask for $41, compared to $70 back in VA

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who knows about Isle of Jura? I had some of the 16 year old "Diurachs' Own" with desert last night. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I was able to get a very good read on it. The peat was there (though not as strongly as with islays). I thought I got some hints of oak from what I assume were sherry casks given the color of the scotch. It seemed to have a bit of a bite/spice that built and the warmth of the finish turned to a bit of a burn if drank to quickly.

Anybody know anything about this dram?

I have the Origin and I don't particularly like it...bought it on a reco from my go to guy, and still remains the only dud he steered us towards.

In Maryland for a wedding, just stopped in to the liquor store killing time and found Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask for $41, compared to $70 back in VA

Winner winner chicken dinner...its about $55 by me. Where in Md...driving to SC this summer, and if its on the way, I'd make that our vaca bottle.

Last night had the Flora & Fauna that came from the UK. It was good, but I was under impressed based on all the high marks the internet folk give it.

Today's fare was strictly American...Templeton Old Rye with lunch, Corsair's Triple Smoke Single Malt and St George's Single Malt for before dinner...

I liked all three...my previous, and only other, experience with Rye was Widow Jane, and it was so harsh. This Templeton is so much easier to drink!

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...Winner winner chicken dinner...its about $55 by me. Where in Md...driving to SC this summer, and if its on the way, I'd make that our vaca bottle...

We were in Rockville MD so it'd be a bit off the path coming down I95, and the current price is a sale through the end of the month. They had a great selection and nearly everything was much more reasonable than I'm used to in VA. I also picked up a bottle of Bulleit Rye for $18 instead of over $30 back home.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went to a tasting last night fpor the first time. It was awesome. 8 whiskeys, of which I owned 6 of them already, but I learned so much just from luistening to the expert talk about the drinks and the process and was glad I had already had the experience with most of them already as I felt I had a better appreciation for those than i did the ones I hadn't tasted before.

The line-up was Glenkiche 12, Dalwhinnie 15, Oban 14, Gelnmorangie Quinta Rubin, Talisker DE, Caol Ila 12, Ardbeg 10 (which I enjoyed the most after not liking it so much at home), and Lagavulin 16. $20, included a $10 off coupon for the shop which the wife and I combined to get a bottle of Basel Heyden Bourbon for $28...:slayer:

We then went home and shared another Ardbeg 10. Any NY guys into doing one of these as a group? I may be able to talk to the folks at Longs (who sponsored this one) to have another one, maybe more private with different selection if there's enough interest? Or if there are any we could meet up at in the city, I'd be with the mrs, as she loves the stuff as much as I do.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I met a guy born and raised in Fife last night. He had quite a bit to say about Scotch and it was all very interesting.

bearsfan172

Reaction score
I was walking through Costco today and there was a bottle of "22 year old single malt from the Mortlach Distillary" or something like that. Has anyone tried this? I didn't pull the trigger, but might go back tomorrow. It's $50

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I spoke to the folks at my local, Longs Wines and Liquors (http://www.longswines.com/) they said they only need 7 to do a tasting in store (5th Avenue and 80th ST in Brooklyn). Think we can get enough interest? I know my wife and I would be 1-2 and we'd only need about 5 more. If interested, let me know if there's anything you'd like to taste and I can try and arrange.

Been on a huge bourbon kick lately. Damn its a nice warm weather drink.

On a Scotch note, I got a hold of the Ardbog. It's very good. Very peaty, and even leathery. Had a dram and put it back in the closet until the temps drop when I think I'd prefer it.

Do you guys find yourself keeping the peaty stuff for fall/winter and drink the sweeter stuff in the warmer seasons as well?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When are you thinking about putting this together?

If it's incredibly hot I'll just do a mixed drink, but other than that I've found myself sticking to my usual suspects.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you guys find yourself keeping the peaty stuff for fall/winter and drink the sweeter stuff in the warmer seasons as well?

Yes. I finished my bottle of Corryvreckan a few weeks ago during the last cold snap and I'm not going to add any new peaty offerings until fall. Just don't feel right now.

I also love rye in the summer.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes. I finished my bottle of Corryvreckan a few weeks ago during the last cold snap and I'm not going to add any new peaty offerings until fall. Just don't feel right now.

I also love rye in the summer.

I've been getting into Rye more myself. Have the Templeton and James E Pepper 1776 Rye which I like. Also have the George Washington Rye from Hillrock, which I've yet to open and the SLow and Low, which is tasty over ice, dangerously so. I have, but really don't like, the Angel's Envy Rye. I bought it because their bourbon is great and it was a similar concept, but straight up its like a graham cracker in a glass. I imagine it will make a good Old Fashioned though.

We've been bourbon nuts since its gotten warmer out. The last Scotch we had was the Ardbog, which we just wanted to taste, but that went back into the closet until the fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads